Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Thought he played really well. Glad he got his goal.

Don’t really get any criticism about his work rate or looking tired. Looked to me like he was working his socks of. He’s like a harder working Darren Bent though - he will never create his own chances like Benteke used to so he really needs good service. 

He keeps his place for me. He was good today and certainly better than the garbage Watkins has served up lately. 

I know it’s the Ings thread but of all the players in our side, Watkins has been my biggest disappointment this season. I’ve defended him on numerous occasions and I thought he was excellent last season but this year he doesn’t look like he’s ever played football before. His touch and passing have been miles off in some games. Not sure what’s up with that. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He keeps his place for me. He was good today and certainly better than the garbage Watkins has served up lately. 

I know it’s the Ings thread but of all the players in our side, Watkins has been my biggest disappointment this season. I’ve defended him on numerous occasions and I thought he was excellent last season but this year he doesn’t look like he’s ever played football before. His touch and passing have been miles off in some games. Not sure what’s up with that. 

Yes Ings ball control and technique is far better than Watkins. I think Watkins touch and passing has been like before, but when he playes as the lone striker furthest forward you don't see that as much, he presses, runs and takes shots. This season he has been asked to play further down the pitch and then his touch and passing gets exposed. Ings makes more intelligent runs and reads the game better as well. I think when Ings is fit and in form he should be the no 1. With Buendia behind we have two very intelligent players who finds each other well, as was shown on several occations today.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Thought he played really well. Glad he got his goal.

Don’t really get any criticism about his work rate or looking tired. Looked to me like he was working his socks of. He’s like a harder working Darren Bent though - he will never create his own chances like Benteke used to so he really needs good service. 

He can create his own space with skill though. Did it a couple of times today.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

It was just as bad on many occasions last season tbf.

• Like 1

Just now, Spoony said:

With Coutinho behind him I really hope Ings can start cooking 

Yep, know each other well as well and if Digne comes in, a good attacking left back to create those chances for him.

On 02/01/2022 at 22:02, Delphinho123 said:

I’m so surprised by this opinion.

Aside from a tap-in that was ruled out, he wasn’t involved much.

For me, Watkins was significantly more involved.

if I had to rate tonight’s performances, I’d have given Watkins an 8 and Ings a 6

Edit: My bad, didn’t check the date on @Delphinho123’s post and I’ve got the wrong match.

Edited by Thug

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He was offside, and his attempt was on target. 

I think the point is, that he should be hitting the back of the net - offside or not.  The defender is clearing that if Watkins doesn’t get there first.

1 minute ago, Thug said:

I’m so surprised by this opinion.

Aside from a tap-in that was ruled out, he wasn’t involved much.

For me, Watkins was significantly more involved.

if I had to rate tonight’s performances, I’d have given Watkins an 8 and Ings a 6

That reply was in response to the match at Brentford

• Thanks 1

Â