Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just now, LondonLax said:

Well did just buy a young back up striker. 

I would brace yourselves at the end of the month for the possibility that we swapped out Ings for Duran. 

True.  That's a lot of faith in Duran though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

If there is someone like that out there, then we should go for them.  But not having them in place before we sell our top scorer isn't a good decision IMO.

That's not how football works though. If we say no to West Ham because we haven't got our replacement in yet, then they'll go and get someone else and we keep Ings. Other clubs don't operate around our needs

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Maybe something has changed with Emery after the Stevenage game, but I felt Ings still had something to contribute this season. And selling him now for £15m rather than £10 in the summer, it's not like we need the money.

I don't think there are many teams in the league, including us, who can just turn their nose up at £5m. It's easy for us to say, but the reality is that's hard to justify. Especially when the £10m in the summer is a guess.

Can this thread be moved back to the correct forum please mods?  He hasn't gone yet and I'm still hoping that hes not going to.

He is our only natural finisher, has a goal every 147 minutes in the league this season (compared to 408 for Watkins).  We would be silly to let him go.

• Like 2

Well, it appears Villa aren’t following my transfer policy. One of those situations where I just have to hope that I am as clueless as I usually turn out to be when it comes to formulating best ideas for Villa.

Head-scratcher.

I’m sorry and surprised to see Danny Ings go. Wasn’t really expecting that one.   There must be other things going on, of course, that I know nothing about. But on the face of it, he’s our top scorer, obviously.

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I'm not surprised we caved in as easily as we did when you look at who was leading the negotiations.

When was the last time we made a profit on a player or came close to breaking even other than when we sold Grealish?

Carney maybe, but that was to Chelsea who are signing everyone at the minute for ridiculous fees.

The way were running the club at the minute is not sustainable.

What do you mean Carney is a maybe? We absolutely made a profit off him and what Chelsea are doing in the market has no bearing on that.

Targett is another, albeit smaller, profit.

Plus we have plenty of players currently in the squad who would fetch us a nice profit if we decided to sell.

• Like 1

fellow striker Danny Ings is set to seal a move away from the club.  Emery thanked him for his contribution and confirmed that the forward is close to signing for West Ham United.  The head coach said: “He will sign with West Ham. His commitment was amazing here, with his teammates and he helped to better our performance.  “I decided to let him go, because I think for him it was a very good offer, for the club as well.”

OS

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

That's not how football works though. If we say no to West Ham because we haven't got our replacement in yet, then they'll go and get someone else and we keep Ings. Other clubs don't operate around our needs

I don't think there are many teams in the league, including us, who can just turn their nose up at £5m. It's easy for us to say, but the reality is that's hard to justify. Especially when the £10m in the summer is a guess.

Actually, that is how football works quite a lot, clubs waiting on other clubs who are waiting on other clubs, it's why quite often there's a lot of stagnation at the start of a transfer window and then eventually a few big transfers happen which triggers a whole bunch of other transfers.

Re a club turning their nose up at £5m, i'm not sure you fully comprehend club finances and accounting and the various factors that go in to play, including player amortisation, and the fact that a few goals here and there, which turn loses or draws into wins, could mean quite a few places in the league, which equals about 2.2 million a place i think.

At the end of the day, if he is being sold, i think it's because he doesn't fit the system, and have the attributes, for the way Emri wants to play, not about money.

• Thanks 1

I don't like this at all.

More goal contributions per 90 minutes than any other player in the team last year. I'm pretty sure that's true this year, too (it's at least true among the forwards: 0.78 for Ings, 0.44 for Watkins, 0.48 for Bailey). A consummate professional. And, unless Duran turns out to be closer to the finished product than I'm expecting, it leaves us short of cover.

He was hurt for most of his short time under Deano and SG misused/underused him. I had high hopes that Unai would finally get the most out of him at this club. It isn't to be. In Unai we trust, I guess. But personally, I just don't get it.

• Like 1

Â