Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

On 08/12/2021 at 17:51, jimmygreaves said:

So proof that £25 million can be spent on crap?

Ings is in the same bracket as the dross you've highlighted.... We've had our pants pulled down with this one.

Ings might we'll work out, I'm not seeing it thought. He'd be a better fit at a West Ham or Newcastle.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

He could end up not working out for us but like feck is he crap. 

I'd expect this sort of reactionary rubbish from a younger fan, new to the game but given your profile name etc, you've been around the block. Ings has had multiple seasons of being clinical in terms of goals to game-time. 

Totally agree, he's a proven talent, plenty of time for him to settle, he's played less than 10 games and probably much less than that in terms of minutes. Harry Kane is struggling this season, but no one would argue he's not a top player and rightly so.

Ings will come good I'm sure, and even if he doesn't, to call him dross is nonsense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

If Ings was in the Brighton team he'd be pushing Salah for golden boot right now. 

That's entirely possible.

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

he could end up not working out for us but like feck is he crap. 

Agreed. Never once said he's crap.

I just don't think he'll work in a Villa team. I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

I'd expect this sort of reactionary rubbish from a younger fan, new to the game but given your profile name etc, you've been around the block. Ings has had multiple seasons of being clinical in terms of goals to game-time. 

Thanks for that insight....

Imagine, for a moment, that someone actually has a different perspective to you.

2 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

That's entirely possible.

Agreed. Never once said he's crap.

I just don't think he'll work in a Villa team. I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for that insight....

Imagine, for a moment, that someone actually has a different perspective to you.

A quote from yourself... 

"So proof that £25m can be spent on crap? Ings is in the same bracket as the dross you've highlighted" 

You're putting him in with other players you're suggesting are crap. Semantics. 

I'm all for hearing different perspectives but ignoring his figures over the last few years isn't a different perspective, it's just just trying to sweep past what he has achieved. 

Plenty of people have said that there's no guarantee he'll come good. If you start labelling a player as dross and in a similar group to Joelinton then expect some push-back. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AV82 said:

Some of the posts in this thread make me want to delete my account. A proven goal scorer only 10 games into his Villa career is already being written off.

I haven't written him off, villas model is widely published to buy improve sell and make money.

I personally feel that if Newcastle offer 50 million in Jan for him, we should take it. That gets us 2 more quality players to strengthen our 1st team squad.

Yes we lose ings, but he wasn't in our model of signings anyway so double money and 2 players for 1.

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

If you start labelling a player as dross and in a similar group to Joelinton then expect some push-back. 

Nope, didn't do that...

It's as if you post one thing but people are determined to read something else. Even when the original point is laboured in an attempt to reiterate and further clarify a position.

I'll try one last time....

Is Ings a good player?

Yes, but not as good as some on here are suggesting in my opinion.

Will Ings be a success at Villa?

I bloody well hope so. However my gut feel is he won't be. 

Would he be a success at another club?

Yes I'm sure he would be, a club that played to his strengths where he complemented the players around him.

I hope this is ok for everyone.

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Nope, didn't do that...

It's as if you post one thing but people are determined to read something else. Even when the original point is laboured in an attempt to reiterate and further clarify a position.

I'll try one last time....

Is Ings a good player?

Yes, but not as good as some on here are suggesting in my opinion.

Will Ings be a success at Villa?

I bloody well hope so. However my gut feel is he won't be. 

Would he be a success at another club?

Yes I'm sure he would be, a club that played to his strengths where he complemented the players around him.

I hope this is ok for everyone.

Oh! so you're saying he's a rich mans Scott Hogan?

:trollface:

Fwiw I agree with you.

5 hours ago, brummybloke said:

I haven't written him off, villas model is widely published to buy improve sell and make money.

I personally feel that if Newcastle offer 50 million in Jan for him, we should take it. That gets us 2 more quality players to strengthen our 1st team squad.

Yes we lose ings, but he wasn't in our model of signings anyway so double money and 2 players for 1.

Why would they try and sign him for £50 million?

We'd at best get our money back surely, more or less, and only if someone really wanted to push the boat out for him.  

Edited by Rolta

26 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We'd at best get our money back surely, more or less, and only if someone really wanted to push the boat out for him.  

They’ve got money to burn and are facing relegation. There are some very poor teams down there but, stranger things have happened than a team threatened with relegation and with money to burn, making a desperate signing in January. Although he is quite a good player, signing Ings for 50 million would be a sign of desperation. 

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

We'd almost double our money for him if that happened. If someone offers that kind of money for him, its a no brainer imo, we sell and reinvest. I don't know the specifics of our FFP situation, but from the little bits I've gathered it isn't looking very good. Pocketing an extra 50m could go a long way to helping us there.

But they're not gonna offer that money for Ings anyway so it's a moot point to be arguing.

Needs a start and rest Watkins. I know he has talent, but unsure it's gonna work with Watkins on the pitch. Watkins rarely involves him in his play, which is proof to me he wants to stay no.1. But it's affecting his game, Watkins is getting to greedy at times

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Just still an odd one for £25m. Great option to have on the bench I guess. 

you've answered your own question...

if we didnt have him then going in to the season it would be Davis and then we probably didnt know archer would come through like this

still want to see him play as a 10

if we do carry on getting better and push on next year he's the type of player we'll need from the bench and in the squad to get us to where we want to be

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

you've answered your own question...

if we didnt have him then going in to the season it would be Davis and then we probably didnt know archer would come through like this

still want to see him play as a 10

if we do carry on getting better and push on next year he's the type of player we'll need from the bench and in the squad to get us to where we want to be

Lot of physical demands on those 2 number 10 positions.

Just not sure he has the legs for it anymore. 

Â