Tim Iroegbunam

useless

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gerrard said after the game he is a big project for them. 

Happy he got on the pitch and he did the simple things well

He did. What I liked about him was how confident he seemed doing it. 

He was showing for the ball and his passing was crisp and sure. 

Promising. 

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

I was surprised in the away end yesterday when Tim came on, physically he looks like he's ready for PL football.

He actually had the same build as Bissouma who was playing in the same role for Brighton yesterday.

His composure on the ball was fantastic, and he looked as though he could hold his own.

I really wouldn't be against giving him a start next weekend.

What was also very noticeable during his cameo yesterday was that he was always looking for the ball.

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

It always seems a special moment when a youth team player graduates to the first XI. Particularly in today’s big money game.

Best of luck for the future, Tim. Here’s hoping you come good for us.

Definitely, although we did take him from West Brom this season, not really in the spirit of youth coming through.

• Haha 1

We took him from West Brom this season but he had only just turned eighteen so still a youth player with a lot of developing to do, and he came through an Albion academy that's bascially now our academy, when Mark Harrison left them for us we didn't just a sign a bunch of their best players but also took all their best academy staff in terms of coaches and scouting sytem, that's why when I see all the England youth players that they've produced over the last few seasons I see it as a good sign for us, as the staff that scouted and coached all those players are now working for us and of course some of the youngsters are now playing for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Leeds is a perfect game for him. We’ll need a DM and he’s the only one we have. Ramsey started against Wolves without many cameos. Same goes with Carney. They didn’t look out of place. Actually I remember during Houllier year, we played against Man Utd starting a lot of young players (Hogg, Bannan, Clark and Albrighton) possibly even more. The first two definitely weren’t starting before. Yet it was one of best games against United in the last couple of years.

Now we have a better setup with some exciting talents. Just go for it. I’m not saying let’s surrender the season, but we won’t have a better chance than now. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Sorry mate but he isn't. 19 in June.  He played against us in the youth cup semi which means he is the same age as Barry His age has been incorrectly given everywhere . 

30th June 2003 on our website 

Thats even more impressive that hes broke into our first team then. I read he's 19 2002 on TransferMarket

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Only realised today that he's another Great Barr boy - you could pick a decent Villa side of players born within a mile of The Scott Arms!

I love this. Something really satisfying seeing lads that live down the road making it at the club. I tried to explain that to a plastic Liverpool fan and he just didn’t get it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Cheers Albion! 

He would be ripping it up for them this season to be fair. Maybe we should have loaned him back to them for the lols. 

Probably would not help his development to be "coached" by Steve Bruce

• Like 3

Yeah, on the whole I don't think Albion are a good choice, but the ideal would be for him to get a Championship loan next season. That would probably require quite a lot of first team minutes over the remainder of the season though, so on the whole I think a better League One side might be more realistic.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Only realised today that he's another Great Barr boy - you could pick a decent Villa side of players born within a mile of The Scott Arms!

Yep. Theres a fair to decent chance that if they all keep developing there could be an All Great Barr central midfield 3 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, av1 said:

He did. What I liked about him was how confident he seemed doing it. 

He was showing for the ball and his passing was crisp and sure. 

Promising. 

i think that was my biggest takeaway from the cameo if im honest, he had good movement and positioning meaning he could make the simple looking passing triangles simple, he definitely wanted that ball

Â