Tim Iroegbunam

useless

11 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I wanted to post about this at the time but as I could only recall watching it in real time and couldn't remember the minute he did it, what Brighton player he mugged off, nor even exactly what he did I ended up not bothering.😂 Appreciate that someone has done the work for me.

• Like 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tim-iroegbunam-transfer-23249872?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

'A bit like Pogba and Kante' - Steven Gerrard's masterplan for Aston Villa's new wonderkid

BirminghamLive has been speaking to coaches and those close to new teenage star Tim Iroegbunam who's been drawing rave reviews in training at Bodymoor Heath

Quick write up about Tim giving a bit of new info 

I have a good vibe, with this kid....as most of you know by now, he is my kind of player, so I do focus a lot on this position.....I like him.

Does the simple things well, has time, shows composure...is no shrinking violet, to be knocked off the ball.....but of course we all need to see more of him, just making initial comments.

Its the basics that are so hard to do, consistently....sounds paradoxical, I know.

I will be surprised, if he don't make it.

On 27/02/2022 at 13:32, OutByEaster? said:

Only realised today that he's another Great Barr boy - you could pick a decent Villa side of players born within a mile of The Scott Arms!

I understand, he and Louie Barry played for Sutton united, Sutton Coldfield, its a good little set up, my lad played for them many moons ago.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2022 at 01:16, Indigo said:

I wanted to post about this at the time but as I could only recall watching it in real time and couldn't remember the minute he did it, what Brighton player he mugged off, nor even exactly what he did I ended up not bothering.😂 Appreciate that someone has done the work for me.

Not to be under estimated......... no fear, of being closed down, and composure in executing a competent pass.

Its those little things that make the big things, possible.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Would’ve liked to have seen him come on over Young today. He must be chomping at the bit to get on when we are winning comfortably 

Yh I found it a strange sub to be honest. 3-0 up, comfortable.  This is where you want to bring on the kids, not granddad.

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

Yh I found it a strange sub to be honest. 3-0 up, comfortable.  This is where you want to bring on the kids, not granddad.

It may have been gerrard just sending a message to the kids that if you're dedicated and look after yourself this is what you can still achieve at 36. It may also have been a message to  Young that we still want him and that there's a place for him at Villa moving forward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thug said:

At that time Leeds we’re a bit all over the place - at one moment we had Mings hanging around upfront, Luiz our sole centre back flanked by Matty Cash on his left because we could - I propose that maybe the game was too chaotic for a player to come on and learn by doing all the right things and it was better for an old head to just settle it all a bit. A theory anyway.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

At that time Leeds we’re a bit all over the place - at one moment we had Mings hanging around upfront, Luiz our sole centre back flanked by Matty Cash on his left because we could - I propose that maybe the game was too chaotic for a player to come on and learn by doing all the right things and it was better for an old head to just settle it all a bit. A theory anyway.

Yes we were chasing another goal , everyone wanted in on the action, Young came on calmed down the game and we just saw the game out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes we were chasing another goal , everyone wanted in on the action, Young came on calmed down the game and we just saw the game out.

You’re not wrong in what you’re saying, and Gerrard isn’t wrong in what he did.  The clean sheet was important to us as a team, and it gives a springboard going forwards momentum wise.

but for me personally, the game didn’t need ‘seeing out’, it was well and truly won by the time Young came on.  These really are prime opportunities for the kids to come on and just get some minutes under their belt.  No pressure situations, just go enjoy yourself.

I don’t mean it as a moan, just a little disappointed by it - for the young’uns

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thug said:

You’re not wrong in what you’re saying, and Gerrard isn’t wrong in what he did.  The clean sheet was important to us as a team, and it gives a springboard going forwards momentum wise.

but for me personally, the game didn’t need ‘seeing out’, it was well and truly won by the time Young came on.  These really are prime opportunities for the kids to come on and just get some minutes under their belt.  No pressure situations, just go enjoy yourself.

I don’t mean it as a moan, just a little disappointed by it - for the young’uns

Clean Sheets are gold dust.......In terms of pursuing betterment and consistency, they are hallmarked.

I don't want to sound patronising, but trust the manager.

7 hours ago, Thug said:

A wise old Owl...is sometimes the steadying influence.......remember 3-3.

Is Thiago Silva, Karim Benzema or Fernandinho........Grandad.

• Like 1

Â