Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Confirmed out by Preece

Ashley Preece, does he really know or is he guessing?

I might be wrong but it is possible. Gerrard will not have patience with those who keep picking up injuries such as Bailey, Sanson and Traore, harsh but it's the way it is.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I might be wrong but it is possible. Gerrard will not have patience with those who keep picking up injuries such as Bailey, Sanson and Traore, harsh but it's the way it is.

Really? After having two consecutive seasons at the prime of his own career pretty much ruined by recurring niggles around his groin, hamstring, infections etc I think he’ll understand more than most that these things happen and can be hard to shake. If I remember right he had to completely rethink a bunch of things when he realised it was down to muscles in his back that he kept getting hamstring and groin problems, it was quite innovative thinking at the time and I think he’ll be more about finding solutions than impatience.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Gerrard confirmed in his press conference, assuming that's where Preece got it from.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Really? After having two consecutive seasons at the prime of his own career pretty much ruined by recurring niggles around his groin, hamstring, infections etc I think he’ll understand more than most that these things happen and can be hard to shake. If I remember right he had to completely rethink a bunch of things when he realised it was down to muscles in his back that he kept getting hamstring and groin problems, it was quite innovative thinking at the time and I think he’ll be more about finding solutions than impatience.

Not really, just a theory. Indeed I even hope i'm wrong and Bailey, Sanson and Traore will go on to reach super-human heights of footballing prowess at Aston Villa.

Guess we'll wait and see but time does not wait.

19 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

No way we sell Bailey, it would be at a major loss. He'll get pre season and we'll see what he does next term. 

Sanson and Traore I could see going certainly. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

No way we sell Bailey, it would be at a major loss. He'll get pre season and we'll see what he does next term. 

Sanson and Traore I could see going certainly. 

I agree yet out of the three Traore is the one who has actually proved himself at PL level.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree yet out of the three Traore is the one who has actually proved himself at PL level.

Yes. He's proved himself talented but inconsistent. He's been unlucky with injuries and change in regime but I'm not sure he works hard enough for what we want. 

I will be sad to see him go as he's certainly entertaining and he can produce from nowhere. 

But I am hoping a fully fit Bailey will be a better player overall. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watched the Sky FIFA 22 Feature with Ramsey and McGinn.

They universally agree that he's the fastest player I'm the squad 🤔 so....

Also think he is up there if not the best dribbler.

So there is obviously the talent there.

i dont think anyone (with sense) questions that he is talented and very rapid.

I do think however, that he didnt show any of that pace in his few games recently (maybe fear of the injury reoccurring and playing within himself), and seems to have more injuries recently than i have hot dinners.

He has had his worse injury plagued season ever though, so its not like he has a history of missing nearly the whole season regularly......

(note: Sanson was the same though, and he has been injured 75% of the last 18 months......)

I do think Bailey is clearly talented though, i really hope he can have an injury free season next year, as i have no doubt he is talented enough for the PL, i just hope he finally show's it.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watched the Sky FIFA 22 Feature with Ramsey and McGinn.

They universally agree that he's the fastest player I'm the squad 🤔 so....

Also think he is up there if not the best dribbler.

So there is obviously the talent there.

Entertaining watch. Two nice fellas

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had to go to the 3rd page to find this thread. I've not given up on him. He's definitely talented and I do think he has a place in the squad. Offers another dimension when playing.

• Like 1

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Had to go to the 3rd page to find this thread. I've not given up on him. He's definitely talented and I do think he has a place in the squad. Offers another dimension when playing.

Will never write him off. But he will really have to raise his game ( which i think he will ) next season to get on the pitch. I do not think Gerrard will give players game time to help them . They will have to earn it and seriously impress . 

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Will never write him off. But he will really have to raise his game ( which i think he will ) next season to get on the pitch. I do not think Gerrard will give players game time to help them . They will have to earn it and seriously impress . 

Hopefully he can come back fit and stay relatively healthy this season.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2022 at 18:38, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Preece knows nothing. Last summer he was constantly saying that grealish wasn't going but would stay another year on that Podcast. Just shows that anything he says is pure speculation and should be treated as such. 

Â