Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Given the type of player he is and where he is coming from, I don't think it will take him long to adapt to the Premier League at all. Pace plays at any level of football as long as you have the technical ability to make use of it, which he clearly does. 

Whether he will be as effective because the Premier League is overall a step up remains to be seen, how he will fit into our system and whether we can make the most of his dazzling ability is also up in the air for now. The first step will be getting him fit. He hasn't had a pre-season, he is probably a good couple of weeks away from starting.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Played for Jamaica last month?

He hasn't trained or played football in a month. I would call that 'not a pre-season' tbh. 

Edit - trained with a football club at least. I appreciate he may have been doing some stuff in isolation. I also believe he had a toe injury? 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

31 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Played for Jamaica last month?

Not necessarily worried about " fitness " personally mate.

I'm worried about adaptation to the squad.

Not saying he couldn't do a job straight away, but I think it would be a mistake for him to be asked so early.

Personally, id like to give him till at least next match.

However, coaching staff etc obviously know better than us.

Deano seems to like him though!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, sne said:

To play in the #31 shirt, not loving that, although who really cares :D 

We are so close to having our best 11 wearing 1 - 11. Annoying close, wish they wouuld fix it.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

He’s had a few training sessions over the last few days though, right? If not he wont be appearing today.

It reminds me of that player who blagged is way into a signing a few years ago despite not being a footballer, and they ended up subbing into a game cos they’d not seen him in training.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

He’s had a few training sessions over the last few days though, right? If not he wont be appearing today.

It reminds me of that player who blagged is way into a signing a few years ago despite not being a footballer, and they ended up subbing into a game cos they’d not seen him in training.

ahah, the keeper?

Just now, romavillan said:

ahah, the keeper?

Nah, he had the same name as a famous player. Said he was his brother or something. It was hilarious. Hang on I’ll get a link.

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Was that George Weah’s nephew ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Nah, he had the same name as a famous player. Said he was his brother or something. It was hilarious. Hang on I’ll get a link.

George Weah's cousin for Southampton. I think there's a youtube of Redknapp telling the story. EDIT: Yet it was Souness who signed him—I'm clearly misremembering things!

Edited by Rolta

Â