Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

His two best games have come in the last three games under two different coaches. He's a pace merchant who needs freedom and encouragement. 

Given what we now know about SG as a manager and a coach, it's no wonder he struggled. 

On 03/11/2022 at 16:22, rodders0223 said:

He got 1 goal and 2 assist last season.

He was bought to be 'the guy' and has been hugely disappointing. Injuries haven't help but he's generally looked slow, unfit, sloppy and disinterested.

Seems like a nice enough chap, and hopefully the Brentford game is a sign of the future but I dont hold he will go on to be sensational. If he can get 7/7 goal contributions in a season I'd be delighted.

Looked very much like the guy today. Hard to say against such poor opposition though. 

Made the finish look so easy. Was great for first half hour and then Man. United started that system fouling tactic of many of the splitter six and I was just wanting him not to go off injured yet again.

He's been decent in most of the home games this season (should've had an assist and scored v Chelsea) so key now is to get him more involved away from home.

Finally looking like a 25m player in premier league anyway.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Childrens birthday party. It just had to be. Only game of the season I’ve missed.

Well, thats it now. You can't watch any more games this season. Lucky omen. 

54 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Going to be difficult for me just turning up at random children's parties every week just to keep the win streak going..

But I’ll do it. 

Just keep in mind what happened last time you kept attending children’s parties. Don’t want to be signing on again every Saturday do we 

• Like 1

Hot. Cold. Great first touch. Horrendous first touch. Hits it to row z. Clinical finishing. Looks like he’s running in mud. Suddenly sprinting past the back line.

Sometimes you just have to play a wild card and hope for the best. Think he’ll find a lot of room counter attacking under Unai’s system. 

Edited by DJBOB

9 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Hot. Cold. Great first touch. Horrendous first touch. Hits it to row z. Clinical finishing. Looks like he’s running in mud. Suddenly sprinting past the back line.

Sometimes you just have to play a wild card and hope for the best. Think he’ll find a lot of room counter attacking under Unai’s system. 

The only explanation for that inconsistency is confidence/belief.

Unai will give him all the confidence he needs by playing him in a position that suits him, and actually coaching him. 

The consistency is coming, and not just for Bailey.

We all know he’s an extremely talented player he just needs to stay fit and keep his self belief. When he is on it like today he knows he is better than a lot of players and plays that way.   They couldn’t handle him at times. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â