Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

Just looking into the last England game against Denmark which was lost 1-0.

I remember watching the game and at the time thinking it was such a weird team, the balance was wrong and England just looked terribly jaded.

The game was played at an empty Wembley and everything just seemed off about the game.

Now, England look a much better proposition as team selection is much better.

The only thing preventing England winning is England as i think we have a better team. If England play well they should win. Denmark were hanging on in the end in their Quarter Final and I wonder if that performance has taken something out of them, well here's hoping.

Nothing against Denmark at all as they are a good team and it will be tougher opposition than Ukraine.

• Like 1

On reflection i don't think we should underestimate Denmark. England have had a comfortable passage so far and everything has gone our way. We dont know how they will react if they go behind. 

Edited by PaulC

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just looking into the last England game against Denmark which was lost 1-0.

I remember watching the game and at the time thinking it was such a weird team, the balance was wrong and England just looked terribly jaded.

The game was played at an empty Wembley and everything just seemed off about the game.

Now, England look a much better proposition as team selection is much better.

The only thing preventing England winning is England as i think we have a better team. If England play well they should win. Denmark were hanging on in the end in their Quarter Final and I wonder if that performance has taken something out of them, well here's hoping.

Nothing against Denmark at all as they are a good team and it will be tougher opposition than Ukraine.

Maguire was in woeful form at that time and got sent off after 20 odd minutes when it was 0-0. Completely different now, think him returning has been huge for the backline as it was a bit dodgy v Scotland.

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

On reflection i don't think we should underestimate Denmark. England have had a comfortable passage so far and everything has gone our way. We dont know how they will react if they go behind

carry on teacher GIF

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Italy should win this evening but presume as an England fan we’d prefer it if Spain sneaked through.

Looking forward to it.  

Spinazzola out is a huge loss for them thou. Integral to how they've been playing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Yes, totally agree. He’s been outstanding. 

Tactics vs Italy will be the same as Germany. Shut down the wide players, force them to go direct which the CBs can handle. 

Spain will attempt to pass us to death, just depends if can stay switched on. 

Denmark will be a very tough game imo. They won't be bullied and have good players throughout the team. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Italy should win this evening but presume as an England fan we’d prefer it if Spain sneaked through.

Looking forward to it.  

other way around I think, Italy is more winnable as Spain will just keep the ball for 90 minutes and wont get frustrated if England play a back 7

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

other way around I think, Italy is more winnable as Spain will just keep the ball for 90 minutes.

Not sure to be honest.  But either way I don't think the Danes will care who they're playing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not sure to be honest.  But either way I don't think the Danes will care who they're playing.

There's no third place game in this tournament :) 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

A mate who's in the queue for them messaged me saying there's 11k unsold tickets available 

The portal can't cope so people are struggling to buy them 

I managed to get in the portal about 20 mins ago. But it would only let me buy 1 ticket so I didn't bother. 

• Like 1

Â