Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The game they lost they battered Belgium only for De Bruyne to come off the bench and change the game. They lack a finisher 

I dont the Finland game can be judged as a loss 

Actually we have scored more goals than England, as well as being the only team in history to score 4 goals in 2 consecutive matches at the Euros. Like England we don’t have any injuries and have been swapping and substituting players throughout the tournament. The only player, besides the reserve keepers, who hasn’t played any minutes is Zanka. I think England will be in for a surprise as I feel our manager are far superior to Southgate. 

Edited by Taxahunter
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I think England will be in for a surprise as I feel our manager are far superior to Southgate. 

He looks too much like a young Paul Lambert for me to take him seriously

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Actually we have scored more goals than England, as well as being the only team in history to score 4 goals in 2 consecutive matches at the Euros. Like England we don’t have any injuries and have been swapping and substituting players throughout the tournament. The only player, besides the reserve keepers, who hasn’t played any minutes is Zanka. I think England will be in for a surprise as I feel our manager are far superior to Southgate. 

Thats true was more an actual regular clinical finisher, Denmark are probably a top striker away from being a regular in the top tier of European teams. Hopefully Dolberg fulfils his potential to be that guy

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

I think England will be in for a surprise as I feel our manager are far superior to Southgate. 

You could say the same about Martinez. In the end they beat you because of individual brilliance and quality.

Think the same will happen against England.

54 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You could say the same about Martinez. In the end they beat you because of individual brilliance and quality.

Think the same will happen against England.

We have always had problem with beating Belgium, England not so much and last time at Wembley we beat You 1-0

17 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

We have always had problem with beating Belgium, England not so much and last time at Wembley we beat You 1-0

The two advantages England have are the fact it is at a Wembley with fans and the game changers England have on the bench.  You need to score the first goal. England have not had the problem of coming from behind as yet.  If that happens who knows how the players will react. 

Personally I think Denmark are a decent side and will give England a real game. Certainly no reason to be over confident particularly after we failed to score against Denmark in our last two games against them.

Saying that clearly I hope we win comfortably but I expect it to be a much closer match.

5 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Actually we have scored more goals than England, as well as being the only team in history to score 4 goals in 2 consecutive matches at the Euros. 

Well...Spain have as well. They just decided to then add another goal to their four in each of their matches.

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Well...Spain have as well. They just decided to then add another goal to their four in each of their matches.

You count extra time, of course I should have mentioned Denmark’s record breaking 4 In 2 games are after 90 minutes. 

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Thats true was more an actual regular clinical finisher, Denmark are probably a top striker away from being a regular in the top tier of European teams. Hopefully Dolberg fulfils his potential to be that guy

Not this year, of course. After this year he's welcome to do what he likes.

On 04/07/2021 at 11:49, Taxahunter said:

I know the game isn't played on paper - but how many of the Danish players do you think would get into the English XI?

Possibly Kasper instead of Pickford, but there's not much in it. I can't think of too many others. Bellingham kept Delaney out of the Dortmund team last year and can barely get off the bench for England.

I think the Danes have done fantastically well to get this far - especially after what happened to Eriksen - but if Southgate loses this it's a shocking result for us.  

39 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I know the game isn't played on paper - but how many of the Danish players do you think would get into the English XI?

Possibly Kasper instead of Pickford, but there's not much in it. I can't think of too many others. Bellingham kept Delaney out of the Dortmund team last year and can barely get off the bench for England.

I think the Danes have done fantastically well to get this far - especially after what happened to Eriksen - but if Southgate loses this it's a shocking result for us.  

You are probably right, but with the progression Joakim Mæhle has shown it wont be long until he would walk straight into Your team and then we could argue that either Simon Kjær and AC are both better football players than Mcguire or Stones, but not stronger, but agree, thats about it.

9 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

You are probably right, but with the progression Joakim Mæhle has shown it wont be long until he would walk straight into Your team and then we could argue that either Simon Kjær and AC are both better football players than Mcguire or Stones, but not stronger, but agree, thats about it.

I think all three of your CBs are good players tbh (Vestegaard too) but I agree, not an obvious improvement on Maguire/Stones - but not necessarily worse either.

This tournament is the first time I've seen Maehle play, but he has looked a good player. It was a great assist vs. the Czechs. 

All the best for Wednesday and I hope you play well (but not too well). 

Edited by Cizzler

Â