Tammy Abraham

nick76

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But like many others have said he's leaving Chelsea because he's not guaranteed first choice... To come join us where he wouldn't be guaranteed first choice?? 

That doesn't make sense for him 

Mate that is disingenuous.

He leaving Chelsea because he isn’t even getting picked for the squad and looks like Tuchel doesn’t like him.

After he left us he wanted to go back to Chelsea to fight for his shirt.  Before Tuchel came in, Tammy was fighting for his shirt daily and he was loving it.  He’s not even being given chance to fight for it now.

So you are being disingenuous on why Tammy wants to leave Chelsea.

Secondly you’re assuming he wants guaranteed first choice.  He’s not going to get guaranteed first choice at any top club.  He’s going to go to club that he believes he can fight for the striker position.  He wants a coach who believes in him.

Do you honestly believe if we agreed a fee with Chelsea that Tammy would turn us down? I bet he’d already have his car packed and half way up the motorway two seconds after the fee was agreed.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Mate that is disingenuous.

He leaving Chelsea because he isn’t even getting picked for the squad and looks like Tuchel doesn’t like him.

After he left us he wanted to go back to Chelsea to fight for his shirt.  Before Tuchel came in, Tammy was fighting for his shirt daily and he was loving it.  He’s not even being given chance to fight for it now.

So you are being disingenuous on why Tammy wants to leave Chelsea.

Secondly you’re assuming he wants guaranteed first choice.  He’s not going to get guaranteed first choice at any top club.  He’s going to go to club that he believes he can fight for the striker position.  He wants a coach who believes in him.

Do you honestly believe if we agreed a fee with Chelsea that Tammy would turn us down? I bet he’d already have his car packed and half way up the motorway two seconds after the fee was agreed.

I do agree with this. 
I can't imagine there is another club in the PL that Tammy would rather join than us if we were to agree a fee with Chelsea.

I'm not overly keen on the transfer as I think it's a lot of money in a position where we don't need to strengthen (in terms of the first XI). I'd rather spend that kind of money on an AMC/DMC. I'd like it even more if we did spend that money on an AMC/DMC and Tammy!

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I don't get why people are so keen to spend £40m on 'competition' for Ollie so that we have a good option if he gets injured...

But that’s not the only reason. There are many reasons that have been discussed.

A player that's played nearly every minute for the past 2 seasons.

Great, history isn’t always a good indicator for future.  If you get regularly the same injury then yes you use that for future but if you don’t get injured doesn’t mean you can’t get injured.  From a Ben Mee type injury, to things like hamstrings.  Doesn’t the point is having no cover is very high risk.

But if we tried to spend £40m on somebody specifically to deputise Jack, and could play nowhere other than LW (so, not ESR). There would be a meltdown that Jack was leaving. A player that's spent months injured in 2 of the last 3 seasons.

But that’s about emotion and fear of losing Jack and not whether it’s sensible to get that back up.  Honestly it would be wise to get a quality back up for Jack…it sensible but yes it would cause emotional meltdown on here, does that make it wrong? No.  I’m not advocating to buying a back up to Jack because we do have some back ups that can play in Jack’s position but we aren’t sure we have that for Ollie with Wes unknown and Davis out of favour.

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tammy was great for us in Championship but didn't turn up in the playoff final. Was anonymous. Just needed to get that off my chest. Carry on

Ahh now we know why you don’t like him 

Edited by nick76

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't dislike him but much prefer Watkins overall game

That’s ok, it’s not about favouring one or the other it’s about having both.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

That’s ok, it’s not about favouring one or the other it’s about having both.

How many minutes do you envisage Abraham playing for us next season if he were to sign?

Watkins played every minute he was available for, would've been every minute if it wasn't for that United ref decision.

16 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

How many minutes do you envisage Abraham playing for us next season if he were to sign?

Watkins played every minute he was available for, would've been every minute if it wasn't for that United ref decision.

I don’t know, based on a number of things from injuries, form, suspensions, tiredness, formations and tactics.

As for Watkins playing every minute.  Is that a good idea? A 100% fit, on form…yes without doubt you want him in but he looked very tired during some parts of the second half of the season and as somebody detailed a few pages that Ollie went two longs spells of games without scoring.  

That’s before any potential injuries, formation changes, tactics or chasing a game throwing an extra striker on.

Both will get plenty of time whatever the case.

49 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm not totally against playing Watkins on the left. 
With Grealish and Buendia as the other 2, I think there is enough creativity there to create plenty of chances. Watkins gives you pace, power, hard work and an eye for a goal. He'd also protect Targett a lot more and we'd be a more physical side. 

I don't really want to see it, but I think it could work, certainly in away matches where we perhaps don't have as much as the ball. Rashford see's himself as more of a striker but tends to play on the left and scores goals from that position, as does Martial (granted, both haven't had great seasons). Even Werner plays off the left for Chelsea sometimes. Having a striker play as a wide man might mean we score more goals, especially if Watkins drifts in at the back post when crosses are coming in down the right. 

Be quite the attack that.

Loved Tammy here. I remember thinking I'd never seen a forward work so hard. Then Ollie Watkins appeared.

As soon as we move Ollie from up front I think the whole team loses something. We'd be playing 10 yards deeper immediately.

If Ollie was to miss games, Tammy is the best replacement we could hope for. If the club wants to do it, great.

I trust other spots throughout the squad as well are being looked at as well.

51 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tammy was great for us in Championship but didn't turn up in the playoff final. Was anonymous. Just needed to get that off my chest. Carry on

So you whole methodology on Tammy is based on one game at the end of the season when all players are tired and need a break?

PS.. We won the game.

So many creaming over Tammy after he had the chance to come here and promptly turned us down. Couldn't be me. 

Rice is on his way out at West Ham and they have a striker, Antonio, who can't stay healthy. Pretty much a guarantee he ends up there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

so was jack

nevertheless i wouldn't drop the kind of money required on Tammy when that could be put to better use i.e. CDM and/or another winger

The only way Tammy coming back to Villa makes sense to me is if he’s happy to be part of the squad with no guarantees of the starting spot. He’d have to earn it by being better than Watkins, which I don’t believe he is. We shouldn’t be looking to move Watkins out wide to accommodate him. 

It would also have to be at a reasonable price, I doubt we’ll pay £40m of our budget for back up. £25-£30m maybe, seeing as Smith knows him well and he’d settle in quickly. 

If Tammy wants out of Chelsea and can accept he’s not guaranteed first choice, and Chelsea don’t hold us to ransom, then sure I’d take him. He’d be one hell of  a second choice striker and would undoubtably make us stronger. 

33 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

So many creaming over Tammy after he had the chance to come here and promptly turned us down. Couldn't be me. 

Rice is on his way out at West Ham and they have a striker, Antonio, who can't stay healthy. Pretty much a guarantee he ends up there. 

Uh...  When was this?  This is some revisionist history here...  

Â