Tammy Abraham

nick76

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

But that’s rubbish which has been debunked before to you.  I’m not going to argue with you on this again.  You were proved wrong about Jack on this positioning thing.  You won’t accept it, which is your choice but I’m not going to debate or talk about it again.  This is about Tammy.

Watkins likes to drift left.  When Jack does play centrally Jack likes to drift left.  Watkins is likely to continue drifting left whether Jack is left or centrally being played.

Some of the posts I see about this are humorous.

You would think that Watkins was camped on the goal line for 90 minutes every game.

Why do we need Wesley and Davis either if Watkins cannot be moved from the penalty area.

Sod additions, Ollie will play the full 90 minutes of every single game this season including the cups.

F****g Nora!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Some of the posts I see about this are humorous.

You would think that Watkins was camped on the goal line for 90 minutes every game.

Why do we need Wesley and Davis either if Watkins cannot be moved from the penalty area.

Sod additions, Ollie will play the full 90 minutes of every single game this season including the cups.

F****g Nora!

and if anybody complains about Dean and subs this season I’m going blow my lid and say that the first XI should play every minute of every game whether tired, injured, suspended, tactics aren’t working, we are losing and need more, form is awful or whatever…I don’t care if Ollie’s leg is falling off, if Cash is suspended for a game we just play with 10 men next game and we don’t bring somebody into the starting line up…every first XI plays every minute of every game.  Dean cannot use subs at all because that’s the way some fans wanted it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't necessarily be against us signing Abraham if that's what Smith wanted, but I understand the reasoning why others wouldn't want to. 

There's a lot of other strikers out there who would cost a hell of a lot less than Abraham.

Having 2 strikers with the ability of both Watkins and Abraham is something I'd like for Villa, but it's something that I kinda see happening in a year or two purely due to budget constraints. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

There's a lot of other strikers out there who would cost a hell of a lot less than Abraham.

Not aiming this at you btw, but I keep seeing this mentioned, but no examples of whole these other strikers are.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not aiming this at you btw, but I keep seeing this mentioned, but no examples of whole these other strikers are.

Well, the very idea that the only strikers available for us to sign is a list of;

- Abraham

Seems a bit silly. I'm sure our scouts have a huge list of potential strikers for us to sign if required.

• Like 1

Well it's either people don't think he's good enough for us or the now magical price plucked from no where is £40 million and its too much money ?

Or people are perfectly happy gambling on wes who has shown rare glimpses he could be good enough. ( before a potentially career ending injury) or davis.

I find it odd as if Jack stays you can bet it's with caveats of finishing in Europe be it Cup or league and people are not wanting us to get a goal scorer who we know fits with our club which does nothing other than give us the greatest chance of obtaining it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well, the very idea that the only strikers available for us to sign is a list of;

- Abraham

Seems a bit silly. I'm sure our scouts have a huge list of potential strikers for us to sign if required.

Again nobody has said that.  We had some links for Tammy, dubious or not and thus we are discussing Tammy fit for us.  If somebody else is linked we can then discuss them.

Edited by nick76

Just now, nick76 said:

Again nobody has said that.  We had some links for Tammy, dubious or not and thus we are discussing Tammy fit for us.  If somebody else is linked we can then discuss them

I also never said that anyone said that. Was just responding to a comment and also explaining why I can see people would be against the idea of signing Tammy.

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I also never said that anyone said that. Was just responding to a comment and also explaining why I can see people would be against the idea of signing Tammy.

Ok I’m reading into you comment as that’s what you are meaning.  You aren’t so I apologise.

Most of the responses though are not about other options, most of the responses are we shouldn’t get a 2nd quality striker.

The only name I’ve debated about is Eduoard who I’m not convinced is at the same level as Ollie or Tammy so I didn’t see the point. Others will differ.  I think that’s the only one.  

I assume there are some names elsewhere of foreign league players I couldn’t be able to debate on because I don’t know them but on this thread most of the responses have been anti 2nd quality striker to the pro Tammy commenters.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

- Abraham

Edouard?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ok I’m reading into you comment as that’s what you are meaning.  You aren’t so I apologise.

Most of the responses though are not about other options, most of the responses are we shouldn’t get a 2nd quality striker.

The only name I’ve debated about is Eduoard who I’m not convinced is at the same level as Ollie or Watkins so I didn’t see the point. Others will differ.  I think that’s the only one.  

I assume there are some names elsewhere of foreign league players I couldn’t be able to debate on because I don’t know them but on this thread most of the responses have been anti 2nd quality striker to the pro Tammy commenters.

He's so good he counts as 2 players :P 

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Edouard?

Yeah possibly, I really don't know. Depends on what Smith wants from a striker I guess. If the remit is to sign a striker with Premier League experience who won't need time to settle and blah bah blah then the obvious choice is Tammy, for sure. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The only name I’ve debated about is Eduoard who I’m not convinced is at the same level as Ollie or Watkins so I didn’t see the point. Others will differ.  I think that’s the only one.  

Ollie or Watkins ?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah possibly, I really don't know. Depends on what Smith wants from a striker I guess. If the remit is to sign a striker with Premier League experience who won't need time to settle and blah bah blah then the obvious choice is Tammy, for sure. 

Welcome Aboard Comedy Bang Bang GIF

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I assumed you meant Ollie or Tammy, not Ollie or Watkins :D 

Oh damn you’re right….what an idiot I am.  Will fix but yours still there to remind me of my idiotness 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Another audacious suggestion...

Harry Kane?

Â