Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

I'd be looking at a couple of changes to be honest.

Sancho should be playing, I'd be looking at Bellingham too, Rice/Philips a yellow each from missing the semi final, at least one of them should be left out. As is Maguire, but can't see Mings coming back in for him even if it would kind of make sense, don't want to make too many changes.

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice Bellingham

Sancho Mount Sterling

Kane

I wouldn't even be too annoyed at Henderson coming in for Rice... But changing the whole midfield is likely a recipe for disaster. But I'd rather play Ukraine with a makeshift midfield than Denmark.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's making me a little uncomfortable how confident everyone is about England's game today. Got banana skin written all over it. 

I’m one of the confident ones. I don’t think it will be a walk in the park, probably a narrow margin but I genuinely don’t think it will be a banana skin. To be fair to GS, he will make sure their mental approach to the game will be spot on.

1 hour ago, markc said:

Early reports Sancho and Mount to start tonight. From talksh#te😊😊

Well Sancho is a manure player 😁now

Why does the team keep getting leaked? I get why journos report it, they’re just doing their job but who from the England camp is telling them?? The leaks have all been bang on so far. Even Trippier at right back in one of the early games.

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Why does the team keep getting leaked? I get why journos report it, they’re just doing their job but who from the England camp is telling them?? The leaks have all been bang on so far. Even Trippier at right back in one of the early games.

Players tell their families &/or agents who tell…

At this point, I’m fine with Jack not starting. I want him as fresh as possible for the start of the Premier League. He’s already become a superstar in everyone else’s eyes, and we know what he is to us. England should have enough quality to get past Ukraine, even without Jack. But you can guarantee if we’re losing or it’s 0-0, he’ll be coming on to live up to his new ‘impact sub’ title 🙄

Getting him back in one piece is more important than him starting every game now. 

• Like 4

its a really strange situation that the best player in the squad (jack in my opinion) is kept in reserve, its as if the manager is too scared to play him from the start because if the game is not going the way it should be then nobody on the bench would be able to change it

11 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

its a really strange situation that the best player in the squad (jack in my opinion) is kept in reserve, its as if the manager is too scared to play him from the start because if the game is not going the way it should be then nobody on the bench would be able to change it

Its a plan to make Southgate look good if England win🙄

1 hour ago, markc said:

Sancho starting also being reported by the Athletic, which has been correct every game so far

Maguire, Phillips, and Rice all starting, with Foden on the bench

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's making me a little uncomfortable how confident everyone is about England's game today. Got banana skin written all over it. 

I watched Sweden Ukraine 

Looked like 2 poor sides 

1 hour ago, markc said:

Well that's about time. 

A crime how little gametime Sancho  has gotten 

Rice and Philips in the middle (our saviours), Sancho (nice to see another 80 million pound player in), and Mount (Gareth gagging to get Mount in obviously), as good as confirmed🤦‍♂️

Reckon Grealish on at 60-65 which may be best, super sub.

From an objective, non Villa bias standpoint, is it so bad Jack is used as super sub?

he is rather affective in that role. Fresh creative energy vs tired board legs has worked well. 

it also hasn’t damaged his stock from the English fans and punditry standpoint. He has to be the most talked about player in the English squad. 

Considering both Southgate and Jack himself have said he’s not fully fit, he’s done well. 

Being a Villa fan, I’d love him play the 90 each game. 

I’m happy to see Sancho start. Deserves a chance after the season he has had. I also get the need for rotation and we have exceptional players. What pisses me off though is that certain players come straight in, like Mount, who is nowhere near as effective as Jack as a 10 or wide left. 

Edited by Villa87

27 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

From an objective, non Villa bias standpoint, is it so bad Jack is used as super sub?

he is rather affective in that role. Fresh creative energy vs tired board legs has worked well. 

it also hasn’t damaged his stock from the English fans and punditry standpoint. He has to be the most talked about player in the English squad. 

Considering both Southgate and Jack himself have said he’s not fully fit, he’s done well. 

Being a Villa fan, I’d love him play the 90 each game. 

I'm probably the other way round

As an England fan I want him to play the full 90 as he's our best player, but as a Villa fan I'm happy he's only playing the last 20. Would hate him to get injured on international duty or burn out his season as he didn't get a proper break over the summer

• Like 2

Â