Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

I'm probably the other way round

As an England fan I want him to play the full 90 as he's our best player, but as a Villa fan I'm happy he's only playing the last 20. Would hate him to get injured on international duty or burn out his season as he didn't get a proper break over the summer

If he and southgate are telling the truth and he isn't fully fit, then it's probably best for both England and Villa that he has limited minutes. As long as he is doing a good job with it (which he did Vs Germany), no harm done 

20 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Never a red card. He won the ball. Peter Walton naturally agreeing with the decision. The man's a plank.

How much do you think he's paid to just go on TV and agree with whatever the other ref said?

50 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Just heard from a friend who works for the FA that the game is going to be postponed tonight. One of the Ukraine players has tested positive! The LB Tickili Chestikov.

Really 🤣

I heard it was Ivor Chestikov his brother.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

ManU player now see, it's would literally be laughable if he starts after Southgates comments last week.

I don't know what more Jack has to do. Not detracting from Sancho, he's good and should have had minutes before now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

ManU player now see, it's would literally be laughable if he starts after Southgates comments last week.

I don't know what more Jack has to do. Not detracting from Sancho, he's good and should have had minutes before now.

Might have wanted to play him all along, but Man U or Dortmund wouldn't allow it. I guess if he got injured during the transfer going through, would have caused huge problems

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Might have wanted to play him all along, but Man U or Dortmund wouldn't allow it. I guess if he got injured during the transfer going through, would have caused huge problems

Wouldn't surprise me pal, if they do weald that much power and taking in to account Southgates comments about sanchos lack of experience 🙄 why would he have been selected in the 1st place. Games so fat have been crying out for JWP and our Ollie 

• Like 2

I think Sancho is good enough, without a doubt, but him not getting a chance due to being young and lacking experience, then being chucked on in a quarter final? Lunacy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think Sancho is good enough, without a doubt, but him not getting a chance due to being young and lacking experience, then being chucked on in a quarter final? Lunacy.

It is so far out that it isn't even feasible that Mr. Steady would even contemplate it.

Very strange if Sancho is suddenly experienced enough to start a quarter final, after being too inexperienced to even get a cameo until very (very) recently. Don’t get me wrong, I like that he’s playing, it’s just strange. 

And if Grealish isn’t playing more because of fitness management, why did he start a relatively meaningless group match? 

And why oh why is the abominable Rice and Philips double pivot still a thing? Why? 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

I guess the other thing with Sancho is, who knows where his head was at as Man United were trying to sign him. Maybe Southgate didn't think he was in the right frame of mind to play with his future up in the air a bit. Now that it's sorted, he can fully focus on England.

Not saying that was the case, but it is a possibility I guess. 

Edited by PieFacE

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I guess the other thing with Sancho is, who knows where his head was at as Man United were trying to sign him. Maybe Southgate didn't think he was in the right frame of mind to play with his future up in the air a bit. Now that it's sorted, he can fully focus on England.

Not saying that was the case, but it is a possibility I guess. 

Why would Southgate make that comment about inexperience, can't be used as a motivational tool for Sancho.

Maybe we're just trying to put Ukraine off the scent or preferably Southgate should get more credit and he's simply in because it makes technical sense vs their presumed line up.

57 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Bloke is just making  it up as he goes along.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Ukraine went with Zinchenko at left wing back against Sweden, maybe as Sancho is probably the closest we have to a traditional right winger it's designed to force him back to defend more.  

Only in the second half. He normally plays as a centre mid. Matvienko was LB last game, and he was CB the game before so they just shuffled him inside when Malinovskyi came on.

Â