Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

7 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Argentina Olympic team could have used Alvarez tonight, just got spanked by Australia 2-0 could have been 4-0.

Apparently River wouldn’t release him.

Don't want him getting injured before a move to Villa. Know what I mean, QldVilla, know what I mean? 

dead GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

River Plate are still in the Copa Libertadores. They made it through to the Quarter Finals today winning 3-1 on aggregate in the Ro16 game.

I'd imagine they have prioritised the CL over releasing him for the Olympics.

He came on in the 82nd minute for them today and the next game isn't until mid August, so would be a shame for him if that is why he was denied the Olympics I suppose

42 minutes ago, thunderball said:

According to Twitter, personal terms agreed and a formal offer will be lodged “this week”

We've been lodging that bid apparently for weeks now but always keeps moving and now it's this week we are being told! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, thunderball said:

According to Twitter, personal terms agreed and a formal offer will be lodged “this week”

Great news, if we can get both Alvarez & Bailey signed, that will really boost our attack. Was thinking it’s probably why we’re letting Davis go out on loan as someone is coming in to take his place and offer more output or contribution. 

Maybe that would complete our main business (for the first team) unless we’re looking for a DM (hope so).

Just need a backup CB & backup GK then.

Anything else would be a major bonus… and most welcome 😆

15 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

is he instead of bailey

Na, I would say we’re sending Davis out to bring Alvarez in and bring us better support in attack and actual goals 😆

Good cover for Watkins and for all forward areas.

Hopefully…

Then Bailey or someone similar (better?) to go straight into the team (RW) and make us more formidable…

I think we could well see Buendia as the CAM or 10 this season… he can certainly do well there…

Depends on who we get…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Great news, if we can get both Alvarez & Bailey signed, that will really boost our attack. Was thinking it’s probably why we’re letting Davis go out on loan as someone is coming in to take his place and offer more output or contribution. 

Maybe that would complete our main business (for the first team) unless we’re looking for a DM (hope so).

Just need a backup CB & backup GK then.

Anything else would be a major bonus… and most welcome 😆

If we got the two then we could have a bench of:

Steer, Hause, Young, Alvarez, Sanson (Nakamba), Traore, Wesley

We can sell El Ghazi too for a good price I guess. Loaning Davis too.

We'd still have Guilbert (if we didn't loan), Chuk, Ramsey, Another CB (who should probably be before Hause), couple of academy players who might get used in the bench atleast.

I think at the reported price of £10-15mill it's a deal that Villa probably feel is too good to turn down.

For a player with a lot of potential at a young age and already an Argentinian international, it's a minimal risk (as in, if it doesn't work out we are unlikely to lose much money if we sell him on). I just hope it's as well as Bailey.

• Like 2

Â