Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Are we actually in for this guy?  We were bidding "tomorrow" or "end of the week" for what seems like weeks or a month or so and nothing has happened and then we get told the following week the same.  So are we really in for him?

Probably advanced bid now 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, picicata said:

You're right, we should definitely lock all threads based on vague rumours that haven't moved for what seems like weeks.... 😉

Did I say lock it? No.  

Seems like everybody can be negative except me.

If there was to be any movement this window here, I think it's now likely to be after August 19th which is the 2nd leg of River Plates Copa Libertadores quarter final. Can't see them wanting to lose him before those matches (unless they had a replacement lined up in some form).

This might be one where the timing simply doesn't work well for all parties and might be looked at again in the January window. We'll have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Are we actually in for this guy?  We were bidding "tomorrow" or "end of the week" for what seems like weeks or a month or so and nothing has happened and then we get told the following week the same.  So are we really in for him?

Nick, I like you mate and a lot of your content on here is a top read. 

But this is somewhat ironic given your 150 pages worth of posts on Tammy :D:D:D:D:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Steero113 said:

Nick, I like you mate and a lot of your content on here is a top read. 

But this is somewhat ironic given your 150 pages worth of posts on Tammy :D:D:D:D:D 

I know hence why I asked the question.  Everybody is sure about our interest in Alvarez based on nothing more and as old speculation as what we have for Abraham for which Dave and I get slaughtered for daily.  Trying to understand the difference.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know hence why I asked the question.  Everybody is sure about our interest in Alvarez based on nothing more and as old speculation as what we have for Abraham for which Dave and I get slaughtered for daily.  Trying to understand the difference.

Agree with you.

(Still funny!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The difference is this thread is only 40 pages long whereas yours(Abraham's) is more than 100 pages long and half of it is just you.

And whilst I'm not entire sure, I believe there's been more links between us and Alvarez than us with Tammy.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

19 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

The difference is this thread is only 40 pages long whereas yours(Abraham's) is more than 100 pages long and half of it is just you.

I know what you mean about length but I don’t get the certainty over Alvarez whereas Tammy just continually being dismissed.  Is it the foreigner sexy name thing maybe.  I just can’t figure it out.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I know what you mean about length but I don’t get the certainty over Alvarez whereas Tammy just continually being dismissed.  Is it the foreigner sexy name thing maybe.  I just can’t figure it out.

That and 30 million pound. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Guess it's respective views on what we need as well as the fact this is a more "exciting" name

MLS side Orlando City have had a $7m+2m bonuses bid turned down.

His agent: "We did not press or anything like that, they only asked us to ask River if they were interested in the player going to play MLS, I only acted as an interlocutor, forwarding the offer because I am not the one to hide an offer,"

"If the club is interested, they will respond to Orlando City and we will talk. Some time ago we had offers from MLS and Julian was not interested because he prefers to go to Europe ."

14 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Don't know anything about the source...

"Argentina National Team reporter with football talk", otherwise known as the Argentinian Arlind Sadiku.

If you click on the link in the article in the tweet, he is simply repeating a report from ESPN:

"According to a separate report by ESPN, Aston Villa are in contacts with his agent over a potential move to the Premier League. The club recently signed Leon Bailey but should the Copa America winner join them, he would become the third Argentine at the club alongside Emiliano Martinez and Emiliano Buendia."

I think the ESPN link is from several weeks back, and is based on the initial reports we had about his Agent speaking to Ajax and Villa.

• Thanks 1

Â