Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Can someone please enlighten me on Gary Shaw? Before my time…

He was **** good basically. Won the PFA young player of the year in '81 and was voted the best u23 in Europe the following year. Was in our 1982 CL winning side. 

Career was essentially ended at the age of 22 after a knee injury unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Such a shame about his injuries… must be some player if Maradona wanted his shirt…

What was his style of play & favoured position? His strengths and attributes?

Second striker essentially. 

Small, low centre of gravity, very quick and really good balance. Also worked **** hard and tracked back so was very useful defensively. 

A number of people still rate him as the best player Villa have ever had, and considering he was only in his 'prime' for two and a half seasons at the club that's pretty damn impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Second striker essentially. 

Small, low centre of gravity, very quick and really good balance. Also worked **** hard and tracked back so was very useful defensively. 

A number of people still rate him as the best player Villa have ever had, and considering he was only in his 'prime' for two and a half seasons at the club that's pretty damn impressive. 

Thanks, that’s exactly the sort of info I was after.

Some of what I’ve read reminds me of Jack… he wasn’t a winger? More of a CAM or SS?

Excellent dribbler? Good shot on him?

Â