Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

Just now, Awol said:

If Lange’s brief for the summer was “fix our attack” and he brings us Buendia, Bailey and Alvarez, for half the price of one Harry Kane… I’d call that job done. 

Definitely! That would represent a fantastic transfer window.

10 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

is he instead of bailey

According to “whispers” on Twitter, Bailey is a fall back position to our #1 target (?).

It doesn't necessarily follow that Alvarez is a #1 target, it might be someone else, it might be that Alvarez is an opportunity buy like Sanson. Maybe McNeil is the #1? It makes sense to me that we reinforce both left AND right wide forward positions this window, I have read/heard that the club will listen to offers for AEG which suggests that could happen. It could quite conceivably be Alvarez and McNeil/Bailey/Pereira, and even Tammy on loan with an option to buy. That’s about £100m this window incl Buendia, which the club could sanction if they see an opportunity to make ground.

I don't think JWP is serious, it just doesn't make sense for the money it would take and McGinn/Sanson and our emerging youth.

Edited by thunderball

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

According to “whispers” on Twitter, Bailey is a fall back position to our #1 target (?).

It doesn't necessarily follow that Alvarez is a #1 target, it might be someone else, it might be that Alvarez is an opportunity buy like Sanson. Maybe McNeil is the #1? It makes sense to me that we reinforce both left AND right wide forward positions this window, I have read/heard that the club will listen to offers for AEG which suggests that could happen. It could quite conceivably be Alvarez and McNeil/Bailey/Pereira, and even Tammy on loan with an option to buy. That’s about £100m this window incl Buendia, which the club could sanction if they see an opportunity to make ground.

I don't think JWP is serious, it just doesn't make sense for the money it would take and McGinn/Sanson and our emerging youth.

Smith-Rowe was number one target I feel?

Personally i'd rather Bailey anyway.

I know both players are slightly different positions but it would be nice to think we are looking at a fluid front three in support of Watkins; players comfortable in numerous roles. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We'll do well to get him here if Milan are pushing hard.

Wonder how close we were to Rafael Leao that time.

Sure I saw the other day that Milan can only sign 1 non EU player and were sniffing around kaio Jorge, wouldnt be able to sign both 

• Like 1

With apparent interest from Roma in El Ghazi, I can't help but hope that we sign both Bailey and this guy and move Anwar on for the most we will ever get for him. Bailey is a big upgrade on him, even though El Ghazi just had his best season for us, and Alvarez is a nice upgrade on Trezeguet and Davis and will have time to settle without too much pressure on him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

With apparent interest from Roma in El Ghazi, I can't help but hope that we sign both Bailey and this guy and move Anwar on for the most we will ever get for him. Bailey is a big upgrade on him, even though El Ghazi just had his best season for us, and Alvarez is a nice upgrade on Trezeguet and Davis and will have time to settle without too much pressure on him.

Roma are pretty skint so don't expect an offer above 8 to 10 million. We paid 7.5 million ? I think for him.

In this silly money time, he is worth 14 to 16 million which I would say is good value. I would take 15 million for him.

Any less and I wouldn't think its worth it as we know he can come in and do a job and a replacement would cost just as much if not more.

• Like 1

Came on as a substitute when River Plate were already winning 3-0 against Lanus yesterday.

A lot of reports that he did not play well. In fact, since being back with River Plate after his stint with the National team at the Copa America, fans have been saying he hasn't played nearly as well as he did before that tournament.

Distracted by talk of a move away? Tired from the long season? Lots of possible reasons - it'll be interesting to see if/how he plays in their next league game on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Wes said:

Came on as a substitute when River Plate were already winning 3-0 against Lanus yesterday.

A lot of reports that he did not play well. In fact, since being back with River Plate after his stint with the National team at the Copa America, fans have been saying he hasn't played nearly as well as he did before that tournament.

Distracted by talk of a move away? Tired from the long season? Lots of possible reasons - it'll be interesting to see if/how he plays in their next league game on Sunday.

Word on the street is that he’s been too preoccupied with the Grealish transfer saga. He’s been up till 3am most nights refreshing Villa Talk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Word on the street is that he’s been too preoccupied with the Grealish transfer saga. He’s been up till 3am most nights refreshing Villa Talk. 

Fake news. It quietens down around 11:30 at night

Are we actually in for this guy?  We were bidding "tomorrow" or "end of the week" for what seems like weeks or a month or so and nothing has happened and then we get told the following week the same.  So are we really in for him?

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are we actually in for this guy?  We were bidding "tomorrow" or "end of the week" for what seems like weeks or a month or so and nothing has happened and then we get told the following week the same.  So are we really in for him?

I would imagine he's on the same list as Bailey, with Bailey clearly the priority. If that falls through I wouldn't be surprised to see a move for Alvarez

Edited by RichiBoi11

4 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I would imagine he's on the same list as Bailey, with Bailey clearly the priority. If that falls through I wouldn't be surprised to see a move for Alvarez

but there has been nothing to warrant this reasoning has there? just a few speculation things a while back but nothing of note

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

but there has been nothing to warrant this reasoning has there? just a few speculation things a while back but nothing of note

Well it depends which reports you believe. It sounds like he wants a move to Europe and his agent was in the UK last week. It just depends if our name coming out is agent talk to generate interest, or if we were actually speaking to them.

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

You're right, we should definitely lock all threads based on vague rumours that haven't moved for what seems like weeks.... 😉

Edited by picicata

Â