Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Thanks, that’s exactly the sort of info I was after.

Some of what I’ve read reminds me of Jack… he wasn’t a winger? More of a CAM or SS?

Excellent dribbler? Good shot on him?

Almost exclusively in the middle, SS definitely rather than a playmaker 10 from todays systems. 

Quality finisher and technically excellent. Particularly see 1.14 in the vid below:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

My first Villa hero. 

I started going down in the 80/81 season when I was 6. I used up all my yellow felts drawing his hair.
He was special. Injury robbed us and England of a superstar. The best young striker in the country by a country mile.

Hes a friend of the family funnily enough... i asked him about the European cup final once and his reply was just special .. it was special 😝 very very down to earth lovely guy

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

My first Villa hero. 

I started going down in the 80/81 season when I was 6. I used up all my yellow felts drawing his hair.
He was special. Injury robbed us and England of a superstar. The best young striker in the country by a country mile.

You old bugger! I was 7 so also an old bugger  lol. My first season going on a regular with my old man. Just amazing times looking back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

My first Villa hero. 

And mine . The world was different then though. I queued for hours outside the local newsagents which was having its grand opening and the ribbon cut by Gary Shaw just to shake his hand and get his autograph. He was the 81/82 villas jack grealish. All the girls loved him and most of the blokes wanted to be him . 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

His mum and dad used to live a few doors down from my nan and grandad in Kingshurst (Gary Shaw not Alvarez)

Kingshurst lad, As was I way back then.  His Mum would chat to you all day about his trophies, she was (and I am sure still is) proud as punch.

Another was Bryan Small who I played with at Kingshurst Primary and (from memory) Saltley Schools.

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

His mum and dad used to live a few doors down from my nan and grandad in Kingshurst (Gary Shaw not Alvarez)

Don't you mean Kingswürst?

• Haha 1

I once met Gary Shaw in a pub in town as he was a sales rep for some brewery. 

Many many modern players not fit to fondle the nuts of the bloke licking the boots of Gary Shaw will be multi millionaire's after retiring in their early 20's which is a bloody travesty. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mazrim said:

My first Villa hero. 

morley with and shaw whatg a foreward line

Dreamt that we signed this guy last night, he scored during the Copa America final and said up the villa to the camera.

But, he had a top knot and I was fuming about it. Transfer got cancelled.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Dreamt that we signed this guy last night, he scored during the Copa America final and said up the villa to the camera.

But, he had a top knot and I was fuming about it. Transfer got cancelled.

That is an impressively niche dream.

Â