Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

2 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It never felt like he was going to sign to me anyways so i really am totally not bothered about it all. All through it's just been a swathe of clickbait stories from the media. We may well have tried a tester bid or two but it never seemed like he'd would leave Arsenal at any point so far as i was concerned.

2 bids means people are serious

7 minutes ago, Adman said:

2 bids means people are serious

It’s far safer to have been a cynic than an optimist.. 

no idea whether he’s coming or not, but with sources at both ends stating our interest was/is concrete the determination to paint it as paper talk is pretty odd.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

Still my favourite bridge is Sydney Harbour bridge, it’s a simple design but magnificent.  I lived next to it for a long while on the harbour and I loved its grandeur as much as I loved looking at the Opera House.

are you from aus?

Thing is, you can love a club, doesn’t mean you love working for the people currently in charge at the club.

He loves playing football first and foremost, it’s like getting a job at your dream company, only to find out you hate working there as it’s run by morons. I would not be surprised if Arsenal is run by morons. 

13 hours ago, Awol said:

It’s far safer to have been a cynic than an optimist.. 

no idea whether he’s coming or not, but with sources at both ends stating our interest was/is concrete the determination to paint it as paper talk is pretty odd.

Maybe an idea to read my post through properly?. The bit where it says "We may have tried a tester bid or two" for example. Obviously putting in a test bid or two would indicate there was real interest although i personally have never thought they would sell because from the Arsenal standpoint they have made it abundantly clear right from the start that he was not for sale and that they were expecting he would extend his deal. So it would therefore indicate that we were simply testing the water with a couple of bids. If you want to call that being a "Cynic" that's your perogative.  Our bids were flatly rejected and practically ridiculed by Arsenal who stated i believe that "even eighty odd million would not be enough" as he was not for sale at any price. You would definately have to be some kind of optimist to think that meant it was going to happen!

Since those flatly rejected offers there have been no more bids from us and just a whole swathe of click-bait stories surrounding the whole thing claiming ESR said this or that or his mates had said the other so i don't see whats "odd" about that at all. I do find half reading a post and picking out one bit & conveniently ignoring the other a little "odd" personally however 😜

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Is it actually confirmed he is signing a new contract? 

As much as I don’t think we will sign him I also wouldn’t rush to dismiss the signing based off of a journalist posting on Twitter that he is signing a new contract. 

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Is it actually confirmed he is signing a new contract? 

As much as I don’t think we will sign him I also wouldn’t rush to dismiss the signing based off of a journalist posting on Twitter that he is signing a new contract. 

Nothing confirmed as of yet but strong suggestions. As much as I would love to have him here, rather he just sign if that’s ultimately what he’s going to do so it’s done with ASAP.

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I still don’t see why we would be looking at putting in a 3rd bid without some sort of encouragement from somewhere.

Shits and giggles 

The effort our end to put in a bid compared to the effort their end to fend it off... I would guess its relatively easy to resend the same email or whatever with £30m crossed out and £32.5m written instead, the amount of discussions and negotiations that generates at arsenals end though must to 3 or 4x that