Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Holy Christ, whoever said this is the next Rashica thread was right. 100 pages of people who've barely seen this lad play, arguing over whether 35m would be too much or not.

Yeh, that’s not what’s happening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Jack’s best position is LW, it gives him the freedom to do what he does in the most dangerous position.  Forget England I’m talking about Villa.  Jack’s best position is LW, that’s also where Dean likes to play him.  Even when we had a problem at CAM last season Dean still played Jack left wing, that’s isn’t going to change.

Added to that getting in ESR who played most of his games at CAM for Arsenal and where he has excelled and got noticed, he will play CAM for us.

This is not hard to figure out!

I’m saying that Jack took a bullet for the club playing LW and that might change after he’s being ignored by Beaky by playing LW.

1 minute ago, rayk said:

I’m saying that Jack took a bullet for the club playing LW and that might change after he’s being ignored by Beaky by playing LW.

His career goal involvement is far better at AWL He's the best at that position in PL since Hazard imo. Just because he wants to play #10 doesn't mean he's better there or it's better for the team

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, that’s not what’s happening. 

😂 I'm not going to apologize for skipping over the last 10 pages of no doubt erudite discussion and debate when the first 90 were mostly tosh tbh.

I'll ask again, as I have before, do you really think we're signing ESR? It's just not going to happen mate, and I've seen so much crap in this thread from people who have only ever seen him in action against the Villa (or, frankly, not at all). That much is painfully obvious. He's a fantastic young player, but he won't be ours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

It won’t change at all, that’s Jack’s best position.  That’s where his stats improved dramatically which is what Southgate asked him he needed to do to get in the England squad.  He got in the England squad because of those stats from LW.  I don’t know where your bullet thing comes from, it’s not based on any fact that has been talked about from the club or makes any sense.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It won’t change at all, that’s Jack’s best position.  That’s where his stats improved dramatically which is what Southgate asked him he needed to do to get in the England squad.  He got in the England squad because of those stats from LW.  I don’t know where your bullet thing comes from, it’s not based on any fact that has been talked about from the club or makes any sense.

Spot on, all the shouts for him to be played as a 10 were compelling but lost all sense after seeing him play there. He is unequivocally more effective at LWF/AML

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Who is this Emelia Smith Round?

Never heard of her. 

Steve Round’s sister married deans  sister introducing to you Emelia Smith-Round 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Steve Round

Inventor of the famous Villa Engine. The George Stephenson of football, according to very few people. 

• Haha 2

Also this quote from the Mirror from Arteta

Arteta has made his stance clear claiming “Emile has earned the right to look at that situation because of the performances that he has produced.

Smith Rowe claimed Arsenal are going in the right direction under Mikel ArtetaSmith Rowe claimed Arsenal are going in the right direction under Mikel Arteta

“He's very much engaged and wants to continue with us, that's for sure."

25 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Arteta has made his stance clear claiming “Emile has earned the right to look at that situation because of the performances that he has produced.

Smith Rowe claimed Arsenal are going in the right direction under Mikel ArtetaSmith Rowe claimed Arsenal are going in the right direction under Mikel Arteta

Inevitable and understandable… But hasn’t been announced he has put pen to paper..?! 

edit:Didn’t see the time the article was published … 

Edited by thabucks

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Already been discussed all day against these that you have quoted but I’ll go over it again but this from Arteta that you quoted is the part that has been discussed on this and other threads all day.  Does it mean that ESR can look at the situation ie the Villa offer or just his contract…hmmm.  People on both sides of this interpretation.

Emile has earned the right to look at that situation because of the performances that he has produced.

Just now, Adman said:

He loves them, they love him, verbal agreement agreed. Someone lend the arse a pen

This has been going since March…He had signed at the beginning of June apparently but since then it’s been incredibly quiet so obviously every time it’s close it’s not.  Another week gone by and still not signed…how are Arsenal fans not sweating a lot more…

1 minute ago, joshharris12 said:

Not happening imo 

I don’t think so either but every day that goes by I get more hopeful because why hasn’t he signed a new contract with them, it’s been going since March.  It’s been very close for two months, he loves the club blah blah so why hasn’t he signed the contract…hmmmm

Us and the arse must now have played our hands in terms of the contract on offer, so I guess he's waiting for to see if the arse are looking to bring in someone senior to him who will scupper his 1st team opportunities. 

Let's face it if the arse tick his boxes, he's signing for them, if they can't match playing time and salary he's ours.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This has been going since March…He had signed at the beginning of June apparently but since then it’s been incredibly quiet so obviously every time it’s close it’s not.  Another week gone by and still not signed…how are Arsenal fans not sweating a lot more…

I can only surmise the arse don't have adequate funds or skills to procure a pen for the signing of this imminent verbally agreed contract that literally just needs ink to make it legal

• Like 2