Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So, absolutely nothing has changed. He wants to stay, but they won't pay him what he wants. lol. 

More like none of them have a sodding clue what is going on in the mind of a 20 year old kid and are just fanning the flames of fan curiosity. 

The only fact amongst this whole saga is the deafening silence of no new contract just 2 hours before pre season starts (after 6 months of supposed negotiations)...

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

More like none of them have a sodding clue what is going on in the mind of a 20 year old kid and are just fanning the flames of fan curiosity. 

The only fact amongst this whole saga is the deafening silence of no new contract just 2 hours before pre season starts (after 6 months of supposed negotiations)...

I wonder what the difference in weekly wage would need to be for Emile to jump ship to Villa.
The kid obviously wants to stay at Arsenal but what would be too good to turn down.

They offer 50k, we offer 75k? He leaves? 
They offer 60k, we offer 75k? He stays?

I'm pretty sure they'll just give in to his demands and they'll give him whatever he wants, but it is interesting it's dragged on so long. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would we really offer him more money than Arsenal would? He will sign a contract with them, just trying to get the best terms it seems. 

Yes, absolutely. We don't have a big wage bill and he would be a guaranteed starter in a position we definitely need to strengthen. They've got players like Willian, Lacazette and Aubameyang on 200/300k a week and can't shift them. 

I imagine if Barkley performed to the level we thought he would, 100-120k wouldn't be out of the question. That money is obviously still available for somebody and whilst that would be a stretch for ESR, we paid Watkins 70k a week when he hadn't played a single minute of Premier League football. 

I'd be fairly confident we've offered ESR an 80k+ a week deal. It just depends whether Arsenal can or want to match it. 

• Like 2

Either way this pans out, it’s going to **** Arsenal over big time. 

giving a young player bloated wages, which will encourage other players to ask for an increase. 

or they going to lose a promising prospect to a table rival 

22 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think the new contract Saka signed last year was only £30k/week ish. If they give ESR £70k they'll have to go back and give Saka £90k.

Damn Right GIF by memecandy

Seriously, Saka signed a contract only last year for £30k pw

That's mental

Just now, sidcow said:

Damn Right GIF by memecandy

That's mental

Crazy isn't it. It might be wrong though as I'd seen Arsenal fans say £50k, but all I can find from Google is that it was £10k/week and rose to £30k. Either way, they're using all their wage budget up on their aging 'stars'.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

That's mental

If he has any sense he'll going back and saying to them "So I don't know if you lads noticed, but I've just spent the last few weeks playing with guys on an average wage of 150k per week and even if I do say so myself I didn't look terribly out of place. Also, I can't help but notice there's a big difference between the numbers 30 and 150. So, what are we going to do about that?"

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would we really offer him more money than Arsenal would? He will sign a contract with them, just trying to get the best terms it seems. 

Would lazily guess that it doesn't matter

Whatever we offered him or gave his agent the feelers for his agent will slightly increase and go back to Arsenal's table, agree with the 2nd bit he'll end up with a new deal with them, probably just another £5m in it thanks to us

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do they have greater capability to offer more? Absolutely, however I reckon we'd be more willing to give him a higher wage and it's currently a situation where he could get £80k+ per week with us, but Arsenal aren't willing to go higher than around £40k-£50k per week. Saka's only on £40k, and their board aren't particularly known for making sensible decisions around transfers, they may just see the shinier toy of Maddison as better than risking it on a kid.

Think his decision whether to sign or not will be driven more by playing time and poss route to Qatar 2022 England squad than money.

I can also see why he isn’t in a rush to sign up with them or us. If they sign Maddison on £200k pw who’ll be expecting to play most weeks, that surely will play a part in the decision. As will if Jack leaves for citeh - are we then less attractive proposition ? 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Think his decision whether to sign or not will be driven more by playing time and poss route to Qatar 2022 England squad than money.

I can also see why he isn’t in a rush to sign up with them or us. If they sign Maddison on £200k pw who’ll be expecting to play most weeks, that surely will play a part in the decision. As will if Jack leaves for citeh - are we then less attractive proposition ? 

I think you’re right. He’ll surely want some assurance over playing time. He played a lot for them last season but if they go out and buy more first team players for big money then it’s likely to limit his progress. And while he’s an Arsenal fan and would prefer to stay with them, there is a chance that our offer could sway him. 

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Maybe Arsenal are so skint that they're stalling him for a few more weeks at his current salary before bumping him up. Might save them £100k or so if they do it long enough.

Good point. That’s enough to pay four Gunnersaurus’ for a year’s dancing.