Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I heard they tried to buy a pen but the shop won't accept structured payment over 5 years

Gunnersaurus took them as a severance payment. 

• Haha 2

On 10/07/2021 at 22:55, dounavilla said:

So , what I'm getting from this thread is that it's 50/50 in him signing and that 50% of villatalk are 50/50 over actually signing him. 

I’d say you’re 50% right.

So when this new contract gunna be inked? I do wonder if he is stalling to see who gets given the #10 shirt before he commits? Or are they waiting for the Euros to end and will now make a big song and dance about this and the signing of a back up LB 

I mean, how long does it take to sit a guy down, get him to write his name on a bit of paper and take a photo? 

I was all agreed either weeks or days or hours ago depending on your source. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I mean, how long does it take to sit a guy down, get him to write his name on a bit of paper and take a photo? 

I was all agreed either weeks or days or hours ago depending on your source. 

Does seem strange. I don't think we've a hope of getting him but something doesn't seem quite right about the contract stuff. Either his agent is asking for exorbitant figures, or Arsenal really are strapped.

Having said all that now it'll probably be announced in 5 minutes 🙄

On 10/07/2021 at 09:38, danceoftheshamen said:

Maybe an idea to read my post through properly?. The bit where it says "We may have tried a tester bid or two" for example. Obviously putting in a test bid or two would indicate there was real interest although i personally have never thought they would sell because from the Arsenal standpoint they have made it abundantly clear right from the start that he was not for sale and that they were expecting he would extend his deal. So it would therefore indicate that we were simply testing the water with a couple of bids. If you want to call that being a "Cynic" that's your perogative.  Our bids were flatly rejected and practically ridiculed by Arsenal who stated i believe that "even eighty odd million would not be enough" as he was not for sale at any price. You would definately have to be some kind of optimist to think that meant it was going to happen!

Since those flatly rejected offers there have been no more bids from us and just a whole swathe of click-bait stories surrounding the whole thing claiming ESR said this or that or his mates had said the other so i don't see whats "odd" about that at all. I do find half reading a post and picking out one bit & conveniently ignoring the other a little "odd" personally however 😜

After the 2 Emi's....I would be surprised if Arsenal entertain any bids from us for any of their players......It just got embarrassing after that and its about Arsenal losing face with us now.

They simply can't do business with us, now, not for some time anyway.

best Move on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

are Arsenal still haggling over a deal for the pen that ESR will sign the contract with???

They bought one last week for £2.99 and paying for it in instalments over the next 20 years. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Another fun story is who will get "Arsenal's iconic number 10 shirt". 🙄

I can't think of a single player who wore that. I think Ozil eventually changed to it from 11 but that's about it. Wilshere? :lol:

Arsenal in talks for Ruben Neves and supposedly are in for Maddison. No idea where Smith Rowe will factor in if they sign Maddison.

The other bit is where will they get the money from for both. Still hopeful we can push this deal through.