Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

If we had that front 4 , given that we have a very settled back 4 and keeper, a quality recruit in the centre of the park should have us dominating many games next season.

Big "if" though.

Exactly. 

A quality AMC and DMC will make us a force next year. If we get ESR, we're 2/3rd's of the way there with this transfer window. 

• Like 1

Might be that Arsenal are making certain noises publicly to save face, but that internally they’re encouraging our bids because they need funds to rebuild their squad. They need success this coming season and need to sign finished articles: ESR probably isn’t in that category. 

There’s no way we would be bidding if we had been totally rebuffed the first time.

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Hahahaha!

Facebook is awash with Arsenals African fan base threatening Villa and their fans if Villa keep trying to sign Smith-Rowe!

Bring him in Deano! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shame we can no longer offer them Samatta to sweeten the deal

I do wonder if the bid was a flat £30mill upfront or £30mill plus add ons which haven’t been reported … Think this one if it goes through will set us back up to £45mill with add ons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I do wonder if the bid was a flat £30mill upfront or £30mill plus add ons which haven’t been reported … Think this one if it goes through will set us back up to £45mill with add ons. 

I think that might be worth every penny long term.  The kid is a talent, turns 21 next month and looks to have massive potential.  I think how Spurs fans feel not getting Grealish for 25m those years ago....I think getting this kid even for 45m of adds on will mean he's earnt those adds on which means he's been a success and we are massively benefitting from it.  45m is a lot of money but a talent that could be with us for years and years is priceless

• Like 1

I can't see us going past 35m for ESR he's had half a good season, Buendia is more proven and cost 35m. He looks to have great potential and I'd like him as part of our attacking options, but still a bit raw if he's part of the replacing Jack strategy. As long as Jack stays we'd have this as a 5 for the 3 places behind Ollie - Jack, Buendia, ESR, Traore, El Ghazi

That's a serious team to push top 8 even if we don't sign anyone else. All rests on Jack staying though, which I think he will give us one more season at least.

As I said before I cannot believe with our back office team now we would have fallen into the agent trap of bidding just so Arsenal get their fingers out there bumholes and give him the contract he wants. Surely?

• Like 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

As I said before I cannot believe with our back office team now we would have fallen into the agent trap of bidding just so Arsenal get their fingers out there bumholes and give him the contract he wants. Surely?

I agree--what a complete waste of time for Villa! I am sure we have plenty of other things to be getting on with rather than helping an Arsenal player get a new contract. 

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I agree--what a complete waste of time for Villa! I am sure we have plenty of other things to be getting on with rather than helping an Arsenal player get a new contract. 

I can only assume he genuinely wants to come and it's a matter of finding an agreeable fee with Arsenal otherwise seems quite a waste of time 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

I can't see us going past 35m for ESR

I never understand peoples reasoning for player values.  There arent many equivalents for him at the age, some experience and potential especially with the money being spent and earned in the PL.  Even if we spent an extra 10m on ESR for his talent, and on a 5 year contract that would only be equivalent of an extra 2m per year for his services (yes i know we have to pay it upfront or close to upfront).  If you get chance to pay for a young talent you have to take it even if a big premium.  Yes he could fail but with prices these days it's not massive when you think of Sancho, Haaland and even Grealish prices.  If think if we get a chance to buy a talent, then we buy him.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I can only assume he genuinely wants to come and it's a matter of finding an agreeable fee with Arsenal otherwise seems quite a waste of time 

Yeah i mentioned earlier that i cant imagine with the way we are run now (ie: ran well), that we would brainlessly be bidding for a player that a) doesnt want to come, and/or b) we dont have a chance of getting???

I suppose my only question might be.....did either of these bids actually happen.......or are they just bad reporting......

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I suppose my only question might be.....did either of these bids actually happen.......or are they just bad reporting......

Yep, it could all just be bad reporting, taking a couple of snippets of information about us enquiring and turning it into ever increasing bids.