Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

The elephant in the room is will Arsenal cave to the pressure being applied by Villa? I don’t necessarily agree with the narrative that we have been given some encouragement by the players agent, I think we like the player and we’re going to see if we can get them to blink.

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

The elephant in the room is will Arsenal cave to the pressure being applied by Villa? I don’t necessarily agree with the narrative that we have been given some encouragement by the players agent, I think we like the player and we’re going to see if we can get them to blink.

making an actual bid must be a right pain in the arse. surely we don't go through the trouble if the player's not interested

• Like 1

if the second bid is true (or if the first was true), we must think we have a chance of actually getting him?, with the way we are run now im reasonably confident that we wouldnt brainlessly bid for players we dont think we can get?

54 minutes ago, string28 said:

The fact its only one person reporting it makes me think we havent even made a bid for ESR. Sounds like agent trying to get more money.

Ornstein is tier 1 for arsenal. And percy is tier 1 for us. And he reported that we would bid a 2nd time a week or so ago. 

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

making an actual bid must be a right pain in the arse. surely we don't go through the trouble if the player's not interested

It is. It can take months, sometimes years to prepare the bid.

4 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

The reaction of Arsenal fans to this news is absolutely priceless. I dread to think what they'll do if a bid is actually accepted! This is a great watch.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Same as us if Grealish goes. As their fans like to say, ‘know your place in the food chain’. If we land in a position between Citeh and Arsenal in that food chain it’s pretty astonishing progress. If we fend the Mancs off too… 

• Like 1

Stan clearly saying what a few of us think, ESR is at the very least open to the possibility of joining us, otherwise we wouldn't be going in with what some see as futile bids. I think this has some real legs.