Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's a half-remembered childhood birthday party, a creak on the stair, a spluttering match held to a frosted pane, the warm wet, trusting touch of a leaking nappy, the hulk of a charred Panzer, the underside of a granite boulder, the first downy growth on the upper lip of a Mediterranean girl, cobwebs long since overrun by an old Wellington boot.

My absolute favourite comedy sketch of all time. Salute!

36 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I just cant see arsenal selling him to us..as much as i would love him to develop at villa

No smoke without fire. 

Most likely we are interested and the agent is using us as a bargaining chip in contract negotiations. Leaking to the media adds pressure to Arsenal

However, he still hasnt signed a new contract despite in discussions since March. If they don't pay him what he wants, then he's ours.

Edited by pas5898

17 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

No smoke without fire. 

Most likely we are interested and the agent is using us as a bargaining chip in contract negotiations. Leaking to the media adds pressure to Arsenal

However, he still hasnt signed a new contract despite in discussions since March. If they don't pay him what he wants, then he's ours.

Look at the offer we have made? You really think kroenke will not say no?  2 years left on his contract and been offered upwards 35 mill - I think we have a good chance.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Jack at 20 couldn't even get into either Remi Garde or Steve Bruce's sides and was busy sorting out his behaviour off the pitch. It looked like his career was about to fizzle out. Smith-Rowe is arguably Arsenal's 2nd best player and was performing well on the European stage last season. Jack always had the higher ceiling, but at this point in their careers, ESR is clear. Now, of course I seriously doubt he will be as good as Jack currently is at 25 but you never know. I'd like to find out at Villa!

At 18 Jack was taking the piss out of  Liverpool in a semi final if the FA Cup. Yes, some tumultuous times followed, but the club was in a mess. He had a terrible injury when Bruce was there but played consistently after.

I agree ESR looks very promising, I don't agree he looks better than Jack at 20. But he's had not much more than a handful of games at Arsenal. 20 odd? Let's see how he goes. Yes, I would like to see him at Villa and fulfill his promise.

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Would of thought that there would need to be some form of corporate governance around how individual clubs make bids for auditing purposes, the days of a phone call/fax would be long gone.

I’d imagine they do most of it by WhatsApp tbh

If our bid for him isn't succesful, that is if Arsenal turn it down and he stays with them, then there must be a strong chance that we will try and sign someone else instead, not just any player, but a player we feel has a similar skillset and can do a similar job to Smith Rowe 🧐

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder what the stalling with his contract is all about? I assume he wants 70-100k a week perhaps? 

There's no chance he's getting that at his age. On 12-20k atm depending on which wages site is right and Saka new 4 year contract last year went from 7k to 33k reported. 

Arsenal don't pay massive wages for young players

I view this as potential bargaining chip in our favour. We could offer him higher than Arsenal want to without really upsetting our relative wage structure

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder what the stalling with his contract is all about? I assume he wants 70-100k a week perhaps? 

Well If he didn’t before he surely will do now after our approaches. If they value him as highly as reported then they will need to pay him accordingly or look to sell. Knock on effect for them if they do offer him a massive contract is that Saka will expect parity or higher. Martinelli would then expect similar etc etc  … Interesting how this one will play out, I just cannot see them selling this summer under any circumstance sadly…

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, grobs said:

I think this is the most excited about a signing I’ve been since Darren Bent so I hope we are not just winding them up 

Welcome back grobs.

Hope you're enjoying the international coverage Grealish is getting.

Arsenal finances really are quite dire unless Kroneke puts his hands deep into his pockets. 

Arsenal have recorded a loss after taxation of £47.8 million — a rise of more than £20 million on the previous year. To do that in a year when they were supposed to feel the benefit of new commercial deals with Emirates and Adidas shows the tremendous impact the pandemic had. What is most concerning is that these results only take us up until June — there have been another nine months of empty stadiums since then. Next year’s financial results are likely to be all the more unpleasant. Back in November 2020, the Arsenal Supporters Trust predicted that 2020-21 could see Arsenal report losses of a further £158 million. This is likely to get worse before it gets better. Arsenal have, however, taken a number of steps since this results period to adapt to the crisis. The owners have helped refinance the stadium bonds and undertaken a range of cost-cutting measures, including redundancies. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theathletic.com/news/arsenal-financial-results-coronavirus/xK7Gi61zXdcf%3famp=1

Thank you Fulham ! 

• Like 1

Arsenal supporters are legitimately pooing bricks over this which I find hilarious.

I have an Arsenal supporting workmate and I told him he should be proud that a kid from little old Arsenal is going to get his chance at a big club like the Villa, and his face went grey. I think beating them to Buendia has really spooked them, especially mixed in with their poor season and owners they hate.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving supporter base tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1