Euro 2020 : Group A (Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales)

BOF

25 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Ignoring his little fumble Danny Ward has to be the best no2 in the Premier League. 

Always has a great game when I see him.

Would do well to move to a club in order to play regular club football. 

Switzerland with 4 points should qualify as a 3rd place finisher. 

However Portugal, if they lose to France may not make the cut with only 3 points (how i would chuckle at that!) 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Switzerland with 4 points should qualify as a 3rd place finisher. 

However Portugal, if they lose to France may not make the cut with only 3 points (how i would chuckle at that!) 

Cristiano Ronaldo Crying GIF by Sports GIFs

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

John Hartson is Welsh, is there anything else that qualifies him to be a commentator. He talks an enormous amount of shit

Came on here to say exactly that.

Keeper makes a standard save, hartson makes out it's akin to Gordon banks in 1970.

What a ginger tit.

• Haha 1

38 minutes with 10 men against Italy in Italy

Nail biting nervy stuff but I enjoyed it, through as 2nd place, which I think probably means Amsterdam.

Switzerland very likely through as a 3rd place team, might be wondering why they didn’t spark in to life until game 3.

Turkey: dark horses to win this.

Crackin’ good stuff.

Been watching the games on S4C and the coverage is so superior to anything ITV or BBC could manage, its been an absolute godsend, even if I’m only understanding about 20% of it. 

Edited by chrisp65
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Nail biting nervy stuff but I enjoyed it, through as 2nd place, which I think probably means Amsterdam.

Switzerland very likely through as a 3rd place team, might be wondering why they didn’t spark in to life until game 3.

Crackin’ good stuff.

Been watching the games on S4C and the coverage is so superior to anything ITV or BBC could manage, its been an absolute godsend, even if I’m only understanding about 20% of it. 

Brilliant, I'll watch on there then if its in English. 🤪

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Brilliant, I'll watch on there then if its in English. 🤪

There’s usually a red button for english language commentary during the regular footy season, but I don’t know if they’ve been doing that for the Euro’s, they might well have been. It’s usually the case if you watch Sgorio online you can select language at the start.

But where would the fun be in that?

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There’s usually a red button for english language commentary during the regular footy season, but I don’t know if they’ve been doing that for the Euro’s, they might well have been. It’s usually the case if you watch Sgorio online you can select language at the start.

But where would the fun be in that?

Correct and not being able to understand the pundits we've got would only be a bonus.

ps. most of my jokes don't work, dammit.

Edited by Phil Silvers

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Came on here to say exactly that.

Keeper makes a standard save, hartson makes out it's akin to Gordon banks in 1970.

What a ginger tit.

The sending off was another Hartson classic. That's not a sending off in my book, then about 5 sentences describing exactly why it was a sending off. Then repeated that he thought it was harsh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Loads of sympathy for Switzerland, decided not to play against Italy and went out on goal difference. Very sad

My heart bleeds for them.

Who gives a shit about Switzerland, literally the most vanilla nation ever.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Crackin’ good stuff.

It was Italy B team in fairness, they stopped playing about 70 minutes though 

On Turkey though, they were tipped by serious journalists to be dark horses with Denmark obviously Denmark had reasons but Turkey didn't even bother

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

On Turkey though, they were tipped by serious journalists to be dark horses with Denmark obviously Denmark had reasons but Turkey didn't even bother

Yilmaz led Lille to greatness = Turkey are dark horses. 

Weird that they have him up top alone and running channels though. He’s 35!

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not absolutely sure what your point is?

I enjoyed the game, we progressed through in 2nd place having rested 3 players. With a temporary Manager.

Italy committed 16 fouls and got no yellow cards, their third home game in this tournament, their third with no cards.

We played 38 minutes with 10 men. Next game is in Amsterdam which is a lot more accessible than Baku.

Everybody happy.

• Like 1

Â