Euro 2020 : Group A (Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales)

BOF

Have no issue with those ones getting a red card. Feels like a 50/50 if it's a red but I hate those challenges and players do it far too often these days.

• Like 1

Hartson trying to justify the harshness of the red card because the player didn’t need to be carried off.

Might have been a soft red but whether or not the player can walk after the challenge shouldn’t exactly be a determining factor.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Hartson trying to justify the harshness of the red card because the player didn’t need to be carried off.

Might have been a soft red but whether or not the player can walk after the challenge shouldn’t exactly be a determining factor.

It was more that he went down in absolute agony, rolling round waving his arms about, screaming

Then got up 

No doubt it would have hurt but there's definitely some gamesmanship there

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Have no issue with those ones getting a red card. Feels like a 50/50 if it's a red but I hate those challenges and players do it far too often these days.

I think Jack gets one of them a week thanks to his quick feet 

If they want to call it a red thats fine but there's no consistency for that, that tackle is not normally a red 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

It was more that he went down in absolute agony, rolling round waving his arms about, screaming

Then got up 

No doubt it would have hurt but there's definitely some gamesmanship there

Jack does the same thing at times. 

Part of the game. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Jack does the same thing at times. 

Part of the game. 

And how many red cards were there for fouls on him last year? 

Just livermore or anyone else? 

I don't think in the PL that's a red card 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If they want to call it a red thats fine but there's no consistency for that, that tackle is not normally a red 

Sorry pal no likes, completely agree, the crap Jack gets we should be against 10 men almost every game, he is not protected by any of the refs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

This is not a PL league game thou. It's the Euro's and the refs are from other countries and have discussed different situations before the tournament. According to the referee that is in the Swedish studio this is one of the things they are looking to "stamp out"

I mean thank god VAR is not consistent here to what it is in the PL :D 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

And how many red cards were there for fouls on him last year? 

Just livermore or anyone else? 

I don't think in the PL that's a red card 

Against the bit 6 it is, Hause did something similar and I remember the ref on commentary thinking by law  he should have been sent off, thankfully common sense prevailed 

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Harston seems to think it can't be a red unless a player needs oxygen in the ICU or something 

Â