Euro 2020 : Group A (Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales)

BOF

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Coached, what is this, I support the England team, what is this coached thing you speak of?

Imagine asking this question to Gareth Southgate, “ well first and foremost I thought Mason Mount was excellent “

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Imagine asking this question to Gareth Southgate, “ well first and foremost I thought Mason Mount was excellent “

And

"look, they are young group of lads, alot of inexperience of these sort of tournaments, we need to get behind them".

Italy midfield is just miles better than what England put out....look at how quick they're shifting the ball to their wide players so they're one v one.

Rice and Phillips were so pedestrian attempting to do it v Scotland so no good putting out all these wide players with pace if you can't get them the ball with them just up v the full back.

Love the tempo Italy play at, think it's going to take a very good performance to knock them out.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Some great insight into elite football there “when there’s a free kick you have to know where your man is AND where the ball is”

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

These pundits have to be appearing for free, have to. Scraping the absolute barrel for pundits in this tournament. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Italy midfield is just miles better than what England put out....look at how quick they're shifting the ball to their wide players so they're one v one.

Rice and Phillips were so pedestrian attempting to do it v Scotland so no good putting out all these wide players with pace if you can't get them the ball with them just up v the full back.

Love the tempo Italy play at, think it's going to take a very good performance to knock them out.

Agree with that.

They have skillful and tidy midfielders. You can't get the ball off them.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

These pundits have to be appearing for free, have to. Scraping the absolute barrel for pundits in this tournament. 

You wanna watch SSN when Random ex players are commentating. They are obviously just doing it to be diverse. Some of them are useless.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Agree with that.

They have skillful and tidy midfielders. You can't get the ball off them.

It reminds me of when we had Barry and Petrov as central duo. O.k had faults like being a bit one paced but how good where they at taking a touch and quickly knocking the ball to Young on left wing who could just run at the full back Barry was effortless at sweeping it left footed to Young, good times.

Too easy to nulify wide players if it takes half an hour to get the ball to them and oppo can double up on them, Sterling can't beat a man currently so can mark him out of a game fairly easily, same for Rashford.

Just now, VillaChris said:

It reminds me of when we had Barry and Petrov as central duo. O.k had faults like being a bit one paced but how good where they at taking a touch and quickly knocking the ball to Young on left wing who could just run at the full back Barry was effortless at sweeping it left footed to Young, good times.

Too easy to nulify wide players if it takes half an hour to get the ball to them and oppo can double up on them, Sterling can't beat a man currently so can mark him out of a game fairly easily, same for Rashford.

I'd be absolutely amazed if this Italian side isn't playing the final.

They don't look like a national side, they look like a club side that's had a full pre season. Organized, patterns of play, crisp and quick passing.

So far Germany and Italy have looked the best teams thus far to me.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd be absolutely amazed if this Italian side isn't playing the final.

They don't look like a national side, they look like a club side that's had a full pre season. Organized, patterns of play, crisp and quick passing.

So far Germany and Italy have looked the best teams thus far to me.

Netherlands have looked decent until De Boer makes his substitutions as well. His management will be their undoing.

Â