Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Watkins hasn't improved according to this Tired Old Git on twitter? Dean Smith doesn't improve players he is also trying to say.

What Tired Old Git knows about football you can write on a back of a 2nd class stamp.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He has some wicked stats TRO for his position.

I think Jas has found a player n half there.

not stealing Jas's thunder.....but I think Paul 154 has banged the drum for him too, a while back.

• Like 1

I'm one of those who prefers a 6 and two 8's. With attacking full backs and the wingers given licence to roam. Hopefully for me we start with Buendia on the right and Jack on the left. 

Currently: 

Nakamba (6)

Luiz (8)

McGinn (8) (just for me over Sanson ATM)

Ollie jack and Buendia up front. Naturally depends on who we bring in after this. I think we'd be more balanced with a 6 and two 8's. 

Man City play that way and Liverscum at their best play that way. I feel it gives more us a more solid base from which to attack.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree.

its interesting you mention modern trends.....Football is about trends, most permutations have ben used at some stage in a mature industry.

The attributes available in a squad are driving factors of how a team sets up, and its not always easy for another team to emulate.

Its horses for courses and you have to max out the opportunities available. as an Example Sir Ron always had a workrate mantra and subsequently all his players could work hard, not to be under estimated IMV....and that worked for him.

Let’s take this to the transfer window thread 😆

What do you think of Sander Berge?

(Buendia - class signing 👌)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Let’s take this to the transfer window thread 😆

What do you think of Sander Berge?

(Buendia - class signing 👌)

I'll answer it there.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

not stealing Jas's thunder.....but I think Paul 154 has banged the drum for him too, a while back.

Yeah, all credit to Paul.  I wasn’t aware of him beforehand but looked him up and he certainly looks a player 👌

Think we should move for him before the “big clubs” do…

• Like 1

Baffling posts from a portion of Norwich fans on social media.

Let's not forget that, when we had a fully fit squad, we were knocking on the door of the top 6. Even having missed Grealish for a third of the the season (and let's be honest, any club will feel the effects of missing a player of his calibre), we still finished closer to the European places than we did the bottom 3.

I don't understand where this idea that they will be directly competing with us in terms of fighting relegation comes from. I know that they probably didn't watch much Premier League football last season, but surely they'll have seen at least some headlines about how much Villa have progressed.

I get the disappointment of losing your best player at a lower fee than you'd have liked, but the reactions are ridiculous.

• Like 2

Just now, JoshVilla said:

Baffling posts from a portion of Norwich fans on social media.

Let's not forget that, when we had a fully fit squad, we were knocking on the door of the top 6. Even having missed Grealish for a third of the the season (and let's be honest, any club will feel the effects of missing a player of his calibre), we still finished closer to the European places than we did the bottom 3.

I don't understand where this idea that they will be directly competing with us in terms of fighting relegation comes from. I know that they probably didn't watch much Premier League football last season, but surely they'll have seen at least some headlines about how much Villa have progressed.

I get the disappointment of losing your best player at a lower fee than you'd have liked, but the reactions are ridiculous.

I think they are hoping we are this season's Sheffield United. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Watkins hasn't improved according to this Tired Old Git on twitter? Dean Smith doesn't improve players he is also trying to say.

What Tired Old Git knows about football you can write on a back of a 2nd class stamp.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

It's like reading villatalk.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

I have a bit of knowledge here, having worked with him indirectly. The definition of a plastic. He knows absolutely nothing about football and is essentially nothing more than a performing hyena for the braindead. I'm fairly certain he isn't all there. Dead behind the eyes.

Thanks for sharing, makes the memory of watching the clown oh so much sweeter.

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Wouldn't worry about Leeds and their obsessed fans.

With a straight face, they will say Jack Grealish is overrated which tells you everything you need to know about their understanding of football.

11 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

"Menshevik tendencies" 

Figures. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks for sharing, makes the memory of watching the clown oh so much sweeter.

I'm just surprised he's not a Leeds fan who posts on another team's forum, those guys are **** certifiably dangerous.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

To be fair, I do think the credit for Watkins' development goes to the fella that signed him from Exeter for Brentford, not Deano.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I think they are hoping we are this season's Sheffield United. 

I think if you watch, what made Sheff Utd ok and what makes Villa ok......There is a clear disparity in playing style, that would suggest, Villa will not follow Sheff Utd.....so sad for them.

• Like 1

Â