Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have had a few dodgy years to be fair, bless the poor lambs, and they have still got their heads in to that.

We still have it all to do, of course.......but its looking good, so far.

It took them all a few years, to catch up with Wolves renaissance, but their dodgy season may have curtailed that.

Our gradual steady improvement, is all we want.

It’s been more than a few years TRO! In both of our lifetimes and even longer probably, I don’t think we’ve ever been run properly. It’s a minor miracle really that we’ve won so much over the years. 

We’ve had money in the past but squandered it with lack of ambition, Doug, awful mismanagement, Randy and extreme mismanagement bordering on criminally fraudulent under Xia. We were tottering on the brink of serious, possibly fatal damage. Then in true Villa fashion the most incredible, unimaginable turnaround in fortunes arrived in the form of NSWE. 

We’ve got pots of money but more importantly equal amounts of brains. And that’s the difference. 

The progress has been constant but I’d say some way better than steady. Similar improvements this year and I think we can call it spectacular. The best thing of all is, it’s sustainable. Boom or bust has always seemed to be the Villa way, but I can live without the bust tradition from now on. UTV!!!

P.S. I left the Bendals out which is probably for the best considering the long arm of the law. I know we won the  League and European Cup in their brief time in charge, however I think that had little to do with them and more to do with a different Ron. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, woody153 said:

£33m for a norwich (straight back down) player!

Beggars belief 😂

We bought a striker from a a team that couldn’t get promoted last year. How did that work out?

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I accept your reasoning, but I am not sure I accept the way you say Dean wants to set up.....I think using the term " destroyer " misleads the point to some degree.

who, Ideally would I like in that role?....Declan Rice, now he is much more than just a destroyer......The DLP you talk about is too passive for me, but if it works who am I to argue.....and while Brentford had the indian sign over us, they never won the League, Brentford are/is a easy on the eye, talented side, but they are suseptible to dips in form and when they are not blasing teams away, they can look very ordinary, when just containing teams for midweek points.

Our team, made huge strides forward, when Tyrone Mings and Ezri Konsa, settled in to their roles, but moving forward, when we haven't got the ball, we need to protect them better than we do......We have the firepower, to cause any team problems and even without our best player for a long period, we rarely failed to score.....as an example, West Ham picked up points where we didn't, due to their defensive resillience and that came mainly from midfield as their defence is no better than ours.....West Ham showed a durability mid season that enabled their solid base and hard to beat exterior.

I think one player with the standout ability to protect the back four and start attacks, who can chip in with aerial prowess at set pieces, will transform us and allow our attacking talent to relax to not have to track back so often, thus keeping their attacking positions free to receive the ball in dangerous areas.

However, Dean is the manager, he has his views and I will back him accordingly, even if I have a slightly different view.

I don’t disagree with you TRO, I’d like a similar player in midfield too and we need some strength and physicality which I feel we are sorely lacking. Working on ball retention should be the number 1 priority during preseason too.

I didn’t mean a basic or limited destroyer (we already have one on Nakamba), I was just basically describing that position and role and gave an example (Gatusso - Milan) of maybe the kind of system Dean wishes to employ. The DLP is popular with many managers now also, it’s a more modern “trend” and has worked (again, Milan - Pirlo, Juventus - Pirlo).

I’m just trying to see this from Dean’s POV based on the evidence of how he has always set his teams up and whether he has employed such a player - not sure he has. But that’s not to say that he won’t, but there isn’t only 1 perfect system either. I trust in him to get it right, he hasn’t failed us yet.

Personally, I do agree with you and want the same kind of player.

If you want to play a DLP, he has to be exceptional but also supported by a destroyer type who also has quality on the ball and is able to help retain it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s been more than a few years TRO! In both of our lifetimes and even longer probably, I don’t think we’ve ever been run properly. It’s a minor miracle really that we’ve won so much over the years. 

We’ve had money in the past but squandered it with lack of ambition, Doug, awful mismanagement, Randy and extreme mismanagement bordering on criminally fraudulent under Xia. We were tottering on the brink of serious, possibly fatal damage. Then in true Villa fashion the most incredible, unimaginable turnaround in fortunes arrived in the form of NSWE. 

We’ve got pots of money but more importantly equal amounts of brains. And that’s the difference. 

The progress has been constant but I’d say some way better than steady. Similar improvements this year and I think we can call it spectacular. The best thing of all is, it’s sustainable. Boom or bust has always seemed to be the Villa way, but I can live without the bust tradition from now on. UTV!!!

We suffered long enough, it’s time to enjoy the good times now…

Jurassic Park Dancing GIF by Spotify

• Like 1

This post does it for me in Norwich (I hate Villa Thread) 🤣

Villa though have hit the jackpot here, bet they can’t believe their luck. They get to turn away the absolute pinnacle in this country who want Grealish, yet when they come in for Buendia we bow down to them and allow them to cherry pick our best player for a measly fee? Are we not closer to Villa in the footballing world than they are to the top sides? Clearly not - it’s a bit pathetic!

With Buendia coming in we're going to be harder to play against and through. His defensive work from the flank is very good. His pressing is very good. Ollie, Emi and Jack pressing in unison. You know which gif it is lads......

Looney Tunes Dancing GIF

Thought I'd change it up.! 😜

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

With Buendia coming in we're going to be harder to play against and through. His defensive work from the flank is very good. His pressing is very good. Ollie, Emi and Jack pressing in unison. You know which gif it is lads......

Looney Tunes Dancing GIF

Yeah it’s going to really help out our attack 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Villa though have hit the jackpot here, bet they can’t believe their luck. They get to turn away the absolute pinnacle in this country who want Grealish, yet when they come in for Buendia we bow down to them and allow them to cherry pick our best player for a measly fee? Are we not closer to Villa in the footballing world than they are to the top sides? Clearly not - it’s a bit pathetic!

I like that guy Wardogz. He said diddums to a fellow Norwich fan for not appreciating rival fans banter. Deserves honorary VT membership

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

never seen him, but something seems interesting, reading his profile.

He has some wicked stats TRO for his position.

I think Jas has found a player n half there.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Looney Tunes Dancing GIF

Rashica thread right nowtumbleweed GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I like that guy Wardogz. He said diddums to a fellow Norwich fan for not appreciating rival fans banter. Deserves honorary VT membership

Yeah it's a good post from him.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Rashica thread right nowtumbleweed GIF

Rashica is a speedster who had an injury to his hamstring last season. Once those hamstring injuries start it's difficult to get right after that. Unfortunately for him we've moved on. Emi is far superior to him.

But alas that thread needs to be crushed like :

smash GIF

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think Villa are such an easy sell to somebody like Buendia.  You have Martinez his mate, a superstar in Jack, you then have a young, ambitious squad.  You can see how Villa have treated their buys and how they take young players and improve them from Watkins, Cash, Konsa and we have a machine now that we do it over and over again.  We make players in Buendia's position better, offer regular football and a group  of players that are all his same age, there seems no politics in the squad and they are all signing long term contracts recently.  Added to that we are a historic club, yes we have been in the wilderness but the new owners are impressive if you look into them and how much they have done for Villa already.  The improvement in everything in the club including facilities and finally we have blew our competition away to get him...it would be hard for Buendia not to be impressed.

I think now (seemingly will sign in the coming days) that we have Buendia, that will impress other targets how serious we are....having Jack, the others, another great season and already signed Buendia, our other targets must be sitting up looking at Villa and thinking wow I want to be a part of that...........(hopefully)

I agree 100%. Fans of other clubs don’t see what’s been happening over the last few years, or more likely don’t want to see it. Let’s face it we can hardly believe where we are now given where we were three years ago. Let’s live the dream. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

The interesting part for Smith will be how to get Grealish and Buendia to flourish together since while perhaps not that similar they both like to collect the ball and have it as much as possible, and I doubt we'll be having 60-70% possession so the ball will have to be shared.

You’re mixing cause and effect.. zWith Grealish and Buendia in the side we will have 80-90% ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This made me feel great when I read it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t disagree with you TRO, I’d like a similar player in midfield too and we need some strength and physicality which I feel we are sorely lacking. Working on ball retention should be the number 1 priority during preseason too.

I didn’t mean a basic or limited destroyer (we already have one on Nakamba), I was just basically describing that position and role and gave an example (Gatusso - Milan) of maybe the kind of system Dean wishes to employ. The DLP is popular with many managers now also, it’s a more modern “trend” and has worked (again, Milan - Pirlo, Juventus - Pirlo).

I’m just trying to see this from Dean’s POV based on the evidence of how he has always set his teams up and whether he has employed such a player - not sure he has. But that’s not to say that he won’t, but there isn’t only 1 perfect system either. I trust in him to get it right, he hasn’t failed us yet.

Personally, I do agree with you and want the same kind of player.

If you want to play a DLP, he has to be exceptional but also supported by a destroyer type who also has quality on the ball and is able to help retain it.

I agree.

its interesting you mention modern trends.....Football is about trends, most permutations have ben used at some stage in a mature industry.

The attributes available in a squad are driving factors of how a team sets up, and its not always easy for another team to emulate.

Its horses for courses and you have to max out the opportunities available. as an Example Sir Ron always had a workrate mantra and subsequently all his players could work hard, not to be under estimated IMV....and that worked for him.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Who the fook is hughwhizzy🤣, bloke has a whole YouTube channel dedicated to his beloved finished decaying Arsenal, check out his 45 minute video where he discusses nothing in particular about losing out to ....... and he always pauses with a sad shocked look........ Aston Villa lol 

Fair play to him getting paid by his own fans to broadcast nothing.

I have a bit of knowledge here, having worked with him indirectly. The definition of a plastic. He knows absolutely nothing about football and is essentially nothing more than a performing hyena for the braindead. I'm fairly certain he isn't all there. Dead behind the eyes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â