Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I'm sure you lot pretend to know Spanish, I've read around 10 different Translates from around thirty people now, god knows how that has worked out 🤣

You called my bluff, it actually reads:

"Emi Buendia injured his abdominal muscles this morning from laughing too hard at all the Arsenal fans on Twitter who can't believe he would choose the mighty Villa over some circus act. It is believed that Jack Grealish has suffered a similar injury, having laughed for 12 hours nonstop at the idea that this clears the way for him to move to Arsenal"

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Indeed. They are mainly rugby fans that have come back to watch Leeds again. Their supporters were totally different in League 1, especially when we signed Delph from them - they welcomed it. I think their core supporters are much more humble and know where they have come from in recent times.

That makes sense. To be honest, I used to quite like them in their O'Leary era and regularly watch Premier League years and think what a good team they had. Then in their League 1 years I often used to do an FM career bringing them back up the leagues.

They should be likeable now as Bielsa seems quite a nice guy but their fans are unbearable. They seem absolutely obsessed with us and if anyone dares say anything remotely negative about them they turn into bullies. Look what they did to Karen Carney just because she said they might run out of steam like previous years.

Anyway, I guess this transfer will rub a few fanbases up the wrong way. Just shows how far we've come and what a statement of intent it is.

Play devil's advocate for a minute...

Putting aside Jack's 'one of our own' factor, which adds an extra point to each one of his many attributes, does anyone think Buendia has the potential to be (or maybe even already is), a better player with a wider variety of attributes?

28 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Indeed. They are mainly LEAGUE fans that have come back to watch Leeds again. Their supporters were totally different in League 1, especially when we signed Delph from them - they welcomed it. I think their core supporters are much more humble and know where they have come from in recent times.

Fixed

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Putting aside Jack's 'one of our own' factor, which adds an extra point to each one of his many attributes, does anyone think Buendia has the potential to be (or maybe even already is), a better player with a wider variety of attributes?

Yes. Grealish is already guilty of lazy press often

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

No chance 

• Like 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Yes. Grealish is already guilty of lazy press often

Suspect you will attract some ire for that, but Buendia does appear to be more of a tiger and can set up a play after winning a tackle, which Jack rarely seems to do. 

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Nope. Jack is that good. Generation level talent. World class.

• Like 2

The thing that excites me most about this signing is the fact that we've probably just brought Argentina's creative future. A player that is probably going to raise our own Jack's level next season. I feel like a kid again I'm so excited. I can see the transfer fee looking like a steal in 12 months time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

No.

Â