Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Sure it's been posted already but some of these scout reports are pretty good.This one contains some of the major reasons as to why I'm really excited about us signing Buendia. (focusing on the positives)

How Norwich Press and how Buendia fits in

This season Norwich set their defensive line and pressing higher up in the pitch. When the press got beaten, they would drop back to create a middle and low block in their own half as 4-5-1. They may even drop one side of the midfield five as a wing-back to cope with the width of the opponent and avoid being overloaded on one side. Buendia plays a huge part in this defending system as he has a lot of defensive responsibility and he is usually assigned on the right side when pressing. Norwich pressing contains a varies types of pressing method, traps or triggers like a bad touch from the opposition’s player.

When they are pressing near the attacking third, they tend to use a man-oriented pressing to man-mark the oppositions as per the picture below. When Norwich is defending deep, if the oppositions make a negative pass, the whole team will start to push forward. The player up front, usually Pukki, will start pressing with his nearby teammates to force them to make mistake, clear the ball or continue to make a negative pass to the back. The below example shows that the opposition made a negative pass to the back which the ball was lack of speed and power. Buendia ran out with full speed to press the ball receiver and successfully dispossessed him to start a counter-attack with Pukki. We could see Buendia is aggressive, quick with his run and at the same time smart to read the situation which allows him to press efficiently and effectively. His commitment and work ethic are immense in the pitch. He registered 4.4 interceptions per 90 minutes, top 10 in the league.

https://footyscouts.com/2020/12/24/emiliano-buendia-2020-21-player-analysis/

From what I remember and has seen he is aggressive and works hard and smart for the most part which will help our pressing no end as Watkins will get some much needed help.

The interesting part for Smith will be how to get Grealish and Buendia to flourish together since while perhaps not that similar they both like to collect the ball and have it as much as possible, and I doubt we'll be having 60-70% possession so the ball will have to be shared. Sure they will work it out and I'm sure we will be a nightmare to defend against with the skill of Grealish and Buendia and the movement of Watkins and Buendia. Should be lots of space to exploit for whoever get's to play alongside them. Be it in the middle or on the right.

23 minutes ago, John said:

They didn't much like us in the 70s either. Losing a cup final to us and finishing below us, even when they were having their best seasons in 74/5 & 92/3, must have left a chip on their shoulders, which Lambert's departure only added to and now this.... :D 

I don’t think it’s a chip, it’s a whole king Edward!

• Haha 1

To be fair the reaction from Norwich fans is typical of most clubs when they lose one of their best players. Said it before but there's delusional fans at every club. I think a lot of fans thought he'd go for more than the £33 million (up to £40 million) that's being reported. Still, they could bring in some new blood to help them survive in the Premiership with those funds. 

• Like 3

Who the fook is hughwhizzy🤣, bloke has a whole YouTube channel dedicated to his beloved finished decaying Arsenal, check out his 45 minute video where he discusses nothing in particular about losing out to ....... and he always pauses with a sad shocked look........ Aston Villa lol 

Fair play to him getting paid by his own fans to broadcast nothing.

• Haha 1

It's natural for them to hate us when we're taking their best player. It's a normal part of football support.

We hated Manchester United when they took Yorke and Young. City when they took Barry and Delph. Liverpool when they took Benteke. 

Let them vent. Can you imagine the thread on here if we lost Jack?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t think we should forget and overlook just how good Doug was for us during the backend of the survival season… arguably our best and most important player at the time. He has it in him… still young and a lot of development for him to get through…

But, again, I would welcome a new DM or MF with extra physical presence and ability to help us dominate the ball/possession… we are too lightweight imo… and nothing wrong with having different options in the squad.

I see Luiz as a valuable member of the squad and a player with huge potential… worth remaining patient with, he has a lot of quality.

Anyway, my previous comment was just a theory. It seems as though it’s Deans more preferred kind of midfield system but who knows? We may play or set up differently next season. 

The evidence has been there on how Dean has set up his teams, at least here and at Brentford (Walsall?). He likes that DLP… has he ever played with a proper DM? A full on destroyer? Consistently?

We struggled badly against Brentford and made Woods look like a star…

But if it is the system he wants, then, out of our existing players, Luiz is best suited to that role and position. Pirlo’s main strength wasn’t his defensive ability and he wasn’t a physical presence but he could contribute in that side of the game too.

IF this is correct, then it’s actually McGinn’s position that needs analysing more…. the Gattuso role…

A disciplined McGinn & Luiz at the start of the season performed very well for us, with Barkley given the attacking freedom and license to go forwards and help Ollie and Jack…

I accept your reasoning, but I am not sure I accept the way you say Dean wants to set up.....I think using the term " destroyer " misleads the point to some degree.

who, Ideally would I like in that role?....Declan Rice, now he is much more than just a destroyer......The DLP you talk about is too passive for me, but if it works who am I to argue.....and while Brentford had the indian sign over us, they never won the League, Brentford are/is a easy on the eye, talented side, but they are suseptible to dips in form and when they are not blasing teams away, they can look very ordinary, when just containing teams for midweek points.

Our team, made huge strides forward, when Tyrone Mings and Ezri Konsa, settled in to their roles, but moving forward, when we haven't got the ball, we need to protect them better than we do......We have the firepower, to cause any team problems and even without our best player for a long period, we rarely failed to score.....as an example, West Ham picked up points where we didn't, due to their defensive resillience and that came mainly from midfield as their defence is no better than ours.....West Ham showed a durability mid season that enabled their solid base and hard to beat exterior.

I think one player with the standout ability to protect the back four and start attacks, who can chip in with aerial prowess at set pieces, will transform us and allow our attacking talent to relax to not have to track back so often, thus keeping their attacking positions free to receive the ball in dangerous areas.

However, Dean is the manager, he has his views and I will back him accordingly, even if I have a slightly different view.

haha, amusing comments on the BBC Football site.

Most neutrals are either convinced or hoping like hell that Buendia is Jack's replacement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

For those not understanding the Norwich response go an have a read through the Jack Grealish thread at the list of clubs we think are worthy of signing him.

The difference is those clubs WOULD like to sign Grealish.  They're never going to sign Buendia at this stage, hence we're getting him. 

11 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It's natural for them to hate us when we're taking their best player. It's a normal part of football support.

We hated Manchester United when they took Yorke and Young. City when they took Barry and Delph. Liverpool when they took Benteke. 

Let them vent. Can you imagine the thread on here if we lost Jack?

We are above such matters my good man.

Â