Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

The thing that excites me most about this signing is the fact that we've probably just brought Argentina's creative future. A player that is probably going to raise our own Jack's level next season. I feel like a kid again I'm so excited. I can see the transfer fee looking like a steal in 12 months time.

It will be. £33-40m isn't exceptionally massive in today's market. Look at some of the players who've been bought for that kind of fee recently. We're getting an absolute bargain. I'm convinced of it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

According to whoscored he took 18 shots from direct free kicks last season and scored 0 so definitely not his forte

Very few players have a high conversion rate from free kicks Ronaldo scores 1/20, Messi probably the best in the world 1/11 so I'm not too concerned. 

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why not?

Grealish is the kind of talent that comes along once every 50 years or so. There are very good, great or even world class players that are not a patch on Grealish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Anyone know who ranked higher in successful dribbles? 

1) Bright Osayi-Samuel (QPR)

2) Ovie Ejaria (Reading)

3) Ismaila Sarr (Watford)

4) Andy Yiadom (Reading)

5) Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld (Bournemouth)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why not?

I rate Buendia. He's different to Jack but there's lots of overlap. Jack carries the ball better than anybody I can think of at the moment. At speed too. His vision, distribution and awareness is world class and he's been doing it at the highest level for years now.

Buendia still has to prove it at PL level. Yes, he created chances but his last PL season lacked the raw output on assists and goals that Jack has, whilst leading his team too.

I'm very excited to see what Buendia can do and how he develops in the same team as Jack. He has massive potential. But there's no doubt in my mind that Jack is the better player right now and probably in the future.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Play devil's advocate for a minute...

Putting aside Jack's 'one of our own' factor, which adds an extra point to each one of his many attributes, does anyone think Buendia has the potential to be (or maybe even already is), a better player with a wider variety of attributes?

Better at contributing to the press if you want to look at it that way, yeah. 

As an overall player and with direct input in us winning matches? He won't be better than Jack no.

Jack is one of the best players in the world. If he does go to City, he'll get the Van Dijk elevation inside three months and it'll be the common consensus.

• Like 1

Just now, Okonokos said:

Grealish is the kind of talent that comes along once every 50 years or so. There are very good, great or even world class players that are not a patch on Grealish.

Hmm, no doubt Jack is special and improving rapidly all the time, but Buendia has also just made the Argentina squad so, definitely has the potential to be world class and if you look at those highlight clips, I wonder if he also has a greater variety of skills and attributes.

Sure, they are just clips and I'm not saying he definitely is a better player than Jack, but I also wouldn't be so blinkered as to assume that just because he is one of our own that he couldn't go on to top him one day. No reason to think that all at this stage.

17 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

2) Ovie Ejaria (Reading)

4) Andy Yiadom (Reading)

Thank you, any of those worth a punt? Particularly the younger ones…

40 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Suspect you will attract some ire for that, but Buendia does appear to be more of a tiger and can set up a play after winning a tackle, which Jack rarely seems to do. 

Jack's a better dribbler and quicker, Buendia is two footed and a slightly better passing range. They're pretty even.

Buendia also has a temper on him, so can sometimes be a liability. Jack sometimes is slack in the press. Jack wins more free kicks, Buendia takes a better freekick. 

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Thank you, any of those worth a punt? Particularly the younger ones…

Danjuma Groeneveld out of the 5 of them. Rumours Leicester are after him.

Ismaila Sarr would cost well over £40mil+

Bright Osayi-Samuel is a good player but I feel we can buy better than him. 

Yiadom is nowhere near good enough and also he's 29.

I've never rated Ovie Ejaria

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I also can’t believe the Norwich fans rate Arsenal so much higher than Villa, I can’t be the only one who can see Arsenal are on a downward decline and becoming a bit of a “Meh” club?

The Norwich fans are not alone, this bloke cannot see it either:D and the other one says, they have not been a "Mee club" since 1976 either;):

image.jpeg.1061484eb77e16a99daede8163cf1d1b.jpeg image.jpeg.a4568aa9a2bc6d5fb64a4a08a940b08c.jpeg

15 minutes ago, KMitch said:

If you want to have a laugh Arsenal fans are on suicide watch:

The chip on his shoulder about villa is even bigger than the gap between his two front teeth. Snaggletooth spoiled Gooner can't handle it.

I think a lot of other fans still see us as that club that circled the drain for years before going down with a pitiful 17 points. Hasn't quite dawned on them yet that we're a completely different outfit now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

2) Ovie Ejaria (Reading)

4) Andy Yiadom (Reading)

Excellent scrabble scores. 

• Haha 1

Â