Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Ive just noticed it’s the Buendia thread, so getting in topic, he’ll grow into the team especially with Traore and Bailey running the wings outside him.

I don't see him as a "10" from everything I have read and seen.  I think he is a right winger that drifts centrally.  Lots of Norwich fans saying the same i.e. that he never played well when used as a "10".

I think we'll see him on the RW in either a 4-3-3, as at the weekend, or a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with Ings and Bailey up top.  Traore will be the back up/rotation - which is not a bad position for us with two quality options on the right.

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't see him as a "10" from everything I have read and seen.  I think he is a right winger that drifts centrally.  Lots of Norwich fans saying the same i.e. that he never played well when used as a "10".

I think we'll see him on the RW in either a 4-3-3, as at the weekend, or a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with Ings and Bailey up top.  Traore will be the back up/rotation - which is not a bad position for us with two quality options on the right.

Majority of heat map in 19/20 season is right middle 3rd. He's a free role player behind front 3 that sometimes has played right in 4231 last season but still free role and likes to drop deep

6 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I actually wonder if he could adjust to playing off the left pretty easily as well. He's right footed but very two footed as well so presumably could do a similar job to what he does from the right... 

Not happening as per above

Hey Villa fans, visiting canary.

Just wondered what your early thoughts are on Emi?

Clearly loved at Carrow Road and we were gutted that we didn't get to see him at all last season live.

Seen a few posts about him in the No. 10 position, not a position that he really played for us that often so interested to see how he progresses.

Seen a few highlights of your games and looks like he is settling in, you saw glimpses in pre-season of what he is capable of so hoping you see the same during the season.

For my view I wonder/worry how well he will adapt to a 'position', sounds weird but he never really had a position at Norwich and was just allowed to roam free with Cantwell doing the same, clearly we could do that in the Championship but as we are already finding out the PL is a bit different 😆

Anyway, interested in your thoughts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nice Canary said:

Clearly loved at Carrow Road and we were gutted that we didn't get to see him at all last season live.

Seen a few posts about him in the No. 10 position, not a position that he really played for us that often so interested to see how he progresses.

Seen a few highlights of your games and looks like he is settling in, you saw glimpses in pre-season of what he is capable of so hoping you see the same during the season.

For my view I wonder/worry how well he will adapt to a 'position', sounds weird but he never really had a position at Norwich and was just allowed to roam free with Cantwell doing the same, clearly we could do that in the Championship but as we are already finding out the PL is a bit different 😆

Hello and welcome!

Initial thoughts are that we have seen little glimpses of magic but his pre-season was disrupted with an injury so is still very much getting up to speed.

Once Bailey, Watkins and Ings are all fit--I think he is going to be feeding them with some really clever through balls. 

I think he will find himself playing on the right, centre and left at times with Bailey swapping flanks with him regularly during games. 

So--initial signs look good but we need to be patient until he is fully up to speed and has gelled with his new team mates.

he doesn't look fit and I'm actually disappointed that he got an international call up

he's also not playing with bailey and watkins who you would guess are our best 2 runners in front of him

with that in mind its way too early to pass judgement on him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Hello and welcome!

Initial thoughts are that we have seen little glimpses of magic but his pre-season was disrupted with an injury so is still very much getting up to speed.

Once Bailey, Watkins and Ings are all fit--I think he is going to be feeding them with some really clever through balls. 

I think he will find himself playing on the right, centre and left at times with Bailey swapping flanks with him regularly during games. 

So--initial signs look good but we need to be patient until he is fully up to speed and has gelled with his new team mates.

Hadn't seen that he had been injured.

He had a little spell early with us where he needed to settle in but new club in the Champs is different to new club in PL. At least he is used to the pace of the game over here as you play with similar intensity to how we played with him in the side.

I've got him in my fantasy team so he'd better come good.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he's also not playing with bailey and watkins who you would guess are our best 2 runners in front of him

He can certainly pick a pass, our biggest wonder as fans is the effect it will have on Pukki who scored so many courtesy of Emi's passing and vision.

We have a couple of new gems in Rashica and Tzolis but like Buendia needing time, they will also need time to settle and knowing Norwich they'll start settling just as we are doomed for relegation.

2 hours ago, Nice Canary said:

As it's a Villa board, just assume some people will have decided he was shite before he kicked a ball 🤣

• Haha 1

Just wondering from your perspective, was he someone who was physically slow last year? 

That's the most surprising thing I've noticed these two games and I'm wondering if it's fitness or actually lack of pace is a weakness of his. 

Hey, welcome!

Anyone on here who is writing him off is just an idiot tbh.

There is no doubting Emi is super talented, we saw a couple of his through balls in pre season to set up goals (versus Walsall) that were just sublime, he is clearly very talented and i have no doubt he will be a super player for us, also, as im sure you know, his work rate is massively underrated.

I think any minor issues could be down to lack of fitness, injuries and lack of minutes, but this goes for quite a few of our players due to our shambolic pre season, which has impacted us quite a bit, i have no doubt once he gets some more minutes under his belt, and we get some key players back like Watkins and Bailey, we will start to see something special from our "front 4".

We seem to have some fairly annoying issues that we have had niggling injuries throughout our forward line, meaning that (i think) none of what i would class as our first choice forward line have really been able to play together (Ings, Watkins, Bailey, Buendia - and maybe even Traore), and likely wont until after the international break.

I think once we get a settled and familiar front 4 of Buendia, Watkins, Ings and Bailey (by front 4 i mean the core forward players in a 433, 4231 or 4411 etc), i have no doubt we will see some breathtaking forward play.

So ye, i like him, and i think he's gonna be amazing for us, especially once he gets to know our other new players and they all gel.

Honestly, i wanted Buendia when you got relegated 12-14 months ago, and to see us actually get him this summer, i was super surprised and excited, i think it was a massive coup for Villa, and if im brutally honest, i wasnt sure we were in a position to attract him if other clubs came in for him, im super happy we did though, i thinks he's a special talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Canary said:

He can certainly pick a pass, our biggest wonder as fans is the effect it will have on Pukki who scored so many courtesy of Emi's passing and vision.

We have a couple of new gems in Rashica and Tzolis but like Buendia needing time, they will also need time to settle and knowing Norwich they'll start settling just as we are doomed for relegation.

It's getting fishy in here.....

Â