Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, robby b said:

The OS match report says he had an "easy first time finish' which I strongly disagree with... I find that a strange thing to say as Lloris had got back in front of goal, plus there was a Spurs outfield player in front of it too... So Emi had to get the ball in either that corner or the other one, preferably with power, and that's what he did. Great finish.

But given that he didn't have a good first half today I think it's strange of Crooks to have put him in his team of the week rather than, say, Kamara or Young. (He has also put Luiz in it). Anyway.

You're assuming Crooks actually watched the game instead of picking the goal scorers he noted whilst browsing Ceefax? 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was atrocious in the first half. There’s no getting away from that.

Improved in the second half and took his goal well. I still think he’s the weak link in our team. 

Judging on the last 2 games, it's Bailey who's been the weak link

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It was an excellent placed finish when many would be hurriedly swinging at it.

He had a similar game against United under Emery. Vile first half, worked his way back into it.

He's a great asset.

His biggest weakness is he overestimates his own physical strength. I wince when Bunedia takes the ball into a ruck. Gets overturned and puts us on the back foot all over. Has classy skills but needs to be a bit more self aware. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Just taking a moment to appreciate that there’s a debate as to how poor the opening goal scorer was in a 2-0 away win at Spurs.

VT can be a bit disagreeable at times, but for what it’s worth, I’m more than happy for all future debates to be in a vein similar to the above.

It's beyond laughable at times

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

You're assuming Crooks actually watched the game instead of picking the goal scorers he noted whilst browsing Ceefax? 

No way he watched the game, despite him picking two villa players in his comments on why he did he almost entirely focused on Spurs failings. The guys an idiot .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Judging on the last 2 games, it's Bailey who's been the weak link

I think playing Bailey out of position isn't doing best for him. I think he'll be much better off the right of midfielder with JJ on left. Two players who can carry ball forward.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

No idea who this guy is but his motivation for the 2 Villa players kinda sums up media and where Villa ranks as a club for them. 

Garth Crooks' team of the week: De Gea, Pinnock, Thiago Silva, Shaw, Buendia, Luiz, Odegaard, Eze, Saka, Toney and Gray

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64139811

Emiliano Buendia (Aston Villa)

When are Spurs going to get a top-class goalkeeper? One who can save the team points and not cost them matches? People keep telling me he's won a World Cup so he must be good. France won the World Cup in spite of Hugo Lloris not because of him.On Sunday, the shot by Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz was a routine save for a decent goalkeeper but such is Lloris' lack of concentration the ball rebounds of his chest and allowed the excellent Buendia a bite at the cherry. Make no mistake, this Tottenham defeat by Villa is even more excruciating as their North London rivals sit seven points clear at the top of the Premier League table at the start of the New Year.

Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa)

There can be no doubt that the arrival of Unai Emery has served to galvanise the Villa but Spurs are starting games desperately slowly these days and are suffering as a consequence.Something is not quite right at Tottenham at the moment and I'm beginning to wonder whether Antonio Conte is the right man to fix it. There was a distinct lack of urgency, passion and defensive nous among the Tottenham Hotspur rank and file. I've already aired my thoughts about Hugo Lloris but Spurs also need two centre-halves in order to give themselves a real chance of securing a top-four place.

What atrocious writing. Doesn't actually give any justification for picking Luiz. And only one word regarding his decision to pick Buendia. Agree with the general view on here that he was poor first half but, like the rest of our team, he picked it up second half and was instrumental in our victory. 

It's absolutely disgusting that Crooks gets a salary paid for by the TV licence fee.

Garth Crooks is a running joke. He's had a tricky week this week as no defenders scored, usually he just picks 10 players who scored and a keeper who keeps a clean sheet and goes from there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It was an excellent placed finish when many would be hurriedly swinging at it.

He had a similar game against United under Emery. Vile first half, worked his way back into it.

He's a great asset.

I thought it was much better goal than it looks in normal time

30 minutes ago, sne said:

No idea who this guy is but his motivation for the 2 Villa players kinda sums up media and where Villa ranks as a club for them. 

Garth Crooks' team of the week: De Gea, Pinnock, Thiago Silva, Shaw, Buendia, Luiz, Odegaard, Eze, Saka, Toney and Gray

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64139811

Emiliano Buendia (Aston Villa)

When are Spurs going to get a top-class goalkeeper? One who can save the team points and not cost them matches? People keep telling me he's won a World Cup so he must be good. France won the World Cup in spite of Hugo Lloris not because of him.On Sunday, the shot by Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz was a routine save for a decent goalkeeper but such is Lloris' lack of concentration the ball rebounds of his chest and allowed the excellent Buendia a bite at the cherry. Make no mistake, this Tottenham defeat by Villa is even more excruciating as their North London rivals sit seven points clear at the top of the Premier League table at the start of the New Year.

Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa)

There can be no doubt that the arrival of Unai Emery has served to galvanise the Villa but Spurs are starting games desperately slowly these days and are suffering as a consequence.Something is not quite right at Tottenham at the moment and I'm beginning to wonder whether Antonio Conte is the right man to fix it. There was a distinct lack of urgency, passion and defensive nous among the Tottenham Hotspur rank and file. I've already aired my thoughts about Hugo Lloris but Spurs also need two centre-halves in order to give themselves a real chance of securing a top-four place.

That’s an absolute disgrace of an article

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Definitely a decent squad player but I actually thought Coutinho looked sharp when came on so could replace him soon.  Ramsey may start ahead of him too when he returns. It’s good to have options. 

My gut feeling is that this may be the best pattern to play them, coutinho coming on against tired legs.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Garth Crooks is a running joke. He's had a tricky week this week as no defenders scored, usually he just picks 10 players who scored and a keeper who keeps a clean sheet and goes from there.

It’s this entirely. Team of the Week is always an absolute joke.

Not even looking at the comments on each player (which are always woeful, not just the Villa ones) but Meslier apparently had a cracking game for Leeds (De Gea gets in the team?), Demarai Gray produced a stunning goal but that was literally it; did nothing in the game otherwise (Watkins had a great game, Awoyini had a good game, Martinelli seemed to play well for Arsenal), Silva was part of a Chelsea backline that looked very vulnerable against Forest, albeit he wasn’t as bad as Coulibaly (Mings had a great game, I’d assume that Leeds and Everton defenders played well?) and so on.

I think people need to start watching the off the ball stuff. Too many are saying Buendia was poor first half but his defending was very good as was McGinn on the other side.

They allowed Watkins , Bailey , Kamara and Luiz protect the central areas comfortably. This allowed Mings to stick to the cheating elbowing scumbag Kane like a fly on shit - he didn’t even touch the ball for 20 minutes. They cut off so many passing lanes and sent them down blind alleys it was wonderful to watch and hear the depressing tones in Don Goodmans voice!

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 4

Â