• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Luiz (Grealish 73)
    • Chukwuemeka (Nakamba 88)
    • Philogene-Bidace (Traoré 90+2)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/21 at 22:59

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

how the **** do you pick a motm out of that?? incredible performance from the boys, great to see the youngsters too. buzzing

I was thinking the same....then i saw Mcginns name.....

He was simply fantastic tonight!

When we are on it, we win Simples. Need the consistency next season with jack back and a few signings 8th please.

Fair play to Smith got everything almost bang on tonight. An I take it back, the kids controlled the games last 10 minutes.

I don’t think it’s exaggerating to say that that could have been a repeat of the 7-2 Liverpool game.

I’m excited to see where this project is going because when on song this is the most enjoyable Villa team to watch since I’ve been going. With the right quality additions we could play some frightening football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

So we will finish 11th. Good second season. 

Maybe a few changes for the Chelsea game. 

Yeah 10000 fans inside Villa Park, hopefully supporting and not booing.

Imagine being let into your favourite pub for the first time in 12 months and slagging the bar staff 

• Like 1

Brilliant performance. A pleasing match from many points of view, but being a bit vindictive, the very best had to be the Spurs fans booing their side off at half time!

Having Jack back and seemingly back to full form makes so much difference but I actually gave MOTM to McGinn who generally outmuscled the Spurs midfield all game. A great performance from him.

I think Chukwuemeka will be pleased with his performance. I SOOOO wanted his shot to go in. What an evening that would have made! Still, he announced himself as one for the future.

Sorry Spurs, justice does get done sometimes!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Great game 

Could and should have had more, Bertie at his crazy inconsistent joy to watch infuriating best 

Mings was a beast, his off the ball pressing and tracking letting him go work around kane was superb, played him brilliantly 

This. Sublime meet ridiculous. I wondered if his chances were going to cost us. When it comes off, his tricks, sleights and feints are brill....just don't do them on the edge of our box or overdo them in their's 

I'd love to see someone wiser and more knowledgeable than me throw some deep analysis into this match. Why did we suddenly seem so damn capable and dynamic? How much of it is thanks to Jack? Was it just the right guys in the right spots? What can we learn and take away from this performance? At times it sort of gave me the same feeling as when we obliterated Liverpool, except, of course, this time we didn't score every time we looked towards their goal. Still, we were mostly on the front foot, hungry and intense, we mostly made spurs look like West Bromwich. (At least in the half I actually watched)

Great performance, am now going onto the Chelsea pre match thread now to read the usual, 3-0 Chelsea, can’t see us getting anything here etc etc from the usual suspects. Why do people feel the need to write their team off before a ball is kicked ? We should be very excited trying to guess the starting line up.

We’re so much better on the ball and our ability to retain it with Jack on the pitch… was sad to see him come off but understood it. The kids were great when they came on, just imagine if Carney’s shot had gone in, what a strike!

Get Deano a few more top players and we’ll be tearing the likes of these a new arsehole on a regular basis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smg said:

Great performance, am now going onto the Chelsea pre match thread now to read the usual, 3-0 Chelsea, can’t see us getting anything here etc etc from the usual suspects. Why do people feel the need to write their team off before a ball is kicked ? We should be very excited trying to guess the starting line up.

Next season is the big one for me, a few additions in the summer and keeping the important ones. Could be our biggest season since we won the bloody thing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We have 2 Very good. 14 Good.  27 Average. on the refereeing performance. 

What match are you watching out of interest? Is it still on? I want to see what that looks like. 

I’m one of the 27 who voted “poor” and I worried I was being too generous.😛

Â