• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Luiz (Grealish 73)
    • Chukwuemeka (Nakamba 88)
    • Philogene-Bidace (Traoré 90+2)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/21 at 22:59

I think Dean Smith deserves a lot of credit tonight.

I loved the starting line-up - particularly:

Konsa at right back which meant we had 3 good headers of the ball at the back and a player with pace to match Son.

Nakamba playing in the DCM position - yes he made an error for the goal but he knows the position he plays in and does it well and he gives us a base to start with.

Grealish playing as the attacking central midfielder - love it as it means he gets plenty of the ball and also means El Ghazi is playing left midfield which is his best position. 

By playing Grealish, El Ghazi and Traore you have 3 very exciting attacking midfielders, add in McGinn who gets forward and goal machine Ollie and we have a real attacking threat.

The cherry on the cake was Chuck and Jaden coming on. What exciting prospects they are - particularly Chuck from what I have seen.

Happy days and UTV!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

Aston Villa seeing a game out, from a winning position away from home against a super 6 elite.......what is there not to like about that game?

You forgot coming from behind ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yep, and didn't mention the penalty. Typical MOTD really

They really didn't show the penalty? We really do seem to have been hard done by in the last month or so by decisions. I'd have had absolutely no complaints if that was Martinez on Son.

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

They really didn't show the penalty? We really do seem to have been hard done by in the last month or so by decisions. I'd have had absolutely no complaints if that was Martinez on Son.

I missed the first few mins so I may have missed it, but Lineker, Shearer and Murphy didn't mention it. Shearer don't fancy Mings for the Euros and Murphy liked Grealish and Watkins 

17 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yep, and didn't mention the penalty. Typical MOTD really

Yeah but they did show it in the match highlights and showed the replay at least, and the commentator intimated that he thought it was a pen. Definitely was - clear as day.

They also gave credit to Mings which was definitely warranted, a huge player for us.

You know, the refs and VAR have really f***** us over this season, conspired against us. Another huge factor that’s held us back this season…

• Like 1

Â