Pre-match Thread

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

The number of championship level players. Elmo, Hause, AEG, Ramsey. On second half season form you could maybe add McGinn, Bert and Luiz to that list too. Then just look at the bench.

It’s not a criticism, just an observation. I hope I am wrong. We shall see.

When Hause came in earlier in the season he was fantastic, wrongly dropped in my opinion. 

AEG has eight goals this season. 

Ramsey, we just don't know what he is or isn't yet. 

Elmo has proved dependable, if not spectacular. 

The others have all proved worthy of being Premier League players. 

• Like 1

Could be one of those games that really highlights our lack of depth. Nothing necessarily wrong with the players who have come in but it's more so the ones who are missing make such a demonstrable difference to our game that it can't help but have a massive impact.

Can see us getting the win regardless as Palace are nothing much to write home about outside of some exceptions, but have a feeling that it could be a tough watch.

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Could be one of those games that really highlights our lack of depth. Nothing necessarily wrong with the players who have come in but it's more so the ones who are missing make such a demonstrable difference to our game that it can't help but have a massive impact.

Can see us getting the win regardless as Palace are nothing much to write home about outside of some exceptions, but have a feeling that it could be a tough watch.

Yep. 3 key players out 

I'm still with the attitude of its nice not having to worry at this point in the year. 

It's looking very likely that we won't go higher than 11th or lower. 

2 minutes ago, May-Z said:

This Palace team is awful. 

So naturally we'll lose 1-0.

a28b8a1c-9324-43bf-b277-931973423066.png

From an attacking perspective they have several good runners with the ball in that team (Eze, Schlupp, Townsend and Zaha) so I think they'll create chances.

Butland in goal for Palace - could be a weakness for them. Hopefully!

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Benteke has never been the player he was for us . but still have to be worried 

I actually think Hause is a better match up here than Mings.  It’s winning some of the second balls that Konsa needs to be switched on with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Benteke has never been the player he was for us . but still have to be worried 

He's been in good form last few weeks....couple of nicely taken goals reminding me of the good old days with him leading the line for us.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Glad to see Ramsay start too. 

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ramsay will score today.

See you all later when he does

Same spelling mistake, similar account name.  You OK Roddars?

Can see this being an old style hoof ball game. We don't have the fighters required for such a game. They will be direct and jump on any fannying around with passing it back all the time. So expect elmo to be targeted as that's pretty much all he now does.

Fingers crossed we start off well and set the tone.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's been in good form last few weeks....couple of nicely taken goals reminding me of the good old days with him leading the line for us.

Ruined him going to Liverpool, never been the same since. When he left us I saw him going to Arsenal, since they were always throwing crosses into the box for Giroud. It just seemed they played the football to suit him. Shame he’s never looked the same player.

Edited by 7392craig

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm feeling pessimistic about this - not sure why.

Same. I just have a feeling it’ll be one of those games where we have a number of good chances, don’t take them, then concede a couple of sloppy goals.

44 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I know we don’t really have many options but that team does have a bit of a championship feel about it. Got a bad feeling about this one. We may need Jack to help rescue a point. I have a feeling that VT is gonna be toxic later!

Why toxic ?  There are some on here that will enjoy that it’s been a while.