Pre-match Thread

Well, Watkins will be back, Grealish will likely be on the bench again.

Hopefully Emi and Mings were just suffering from impacts and nothing serious.

Its a weird game this as it does not matter to either side, so expect a dull affair.

A few have said it, and maybe it is time to blood some of the kids and assess if they are ready to be involved next season.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Well, Watkins will be back, Grealish will likely be on the bench again.

Hopefully Emi and Mings were just suffering from impacts and nothing serious.

Its a weird game this as it does not matter to either side, so expect a dull affair.

A few have said it, and maybe it is time to blood some of the kids and assess if they are ready to be involved next season.

You could argue that this would be the perfect sort of match to give Carney his debut. End of season game, little riding on it-take Barkley out of the starting 11 and let Carney have a go, see what he's got! I'm not really one to say throw all the kids in but if Cash is going to be out for this one, maybe give Kesler a go too? It's looking more and more likely that Elmo won't be here next season and nobody is sure what's happening with Guilbert so why not? What they lack in experience i'm sure they would make up for in effort.

• Like 4

Another clean for Martinez would be great! 

absolute winnable game and hopefully finish top 10 - that’s what to play for! 

id go strong as possible, with Elmo coming in for Cash (likely missing with a hamstring strain) 

Certainly feels like a 1-0 either way. Or 0-0 again.

One concern for me is AEM at RB against Zaha with Eze also drifting to that side. I thnk Ramsey will start for a bit more mobility centrally and get him to shift across to help out when they quickly counter.

No issue if Hause comes in, he played very well on Boxing day v them and scored so would fancy him to keep Benteke quiet.

Have to win to have any chance of finishing 10th.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Another clean for Martinez would be great! 

this all day...best chance of the 3 remaining to break the record

• Like 2

With Watkins back and Grealish set to feature, we should see the whole team lifted. I say ’should’ but it’s not a certainty. Palace aren’t a great team but they have their dangermen, if we’re on it and cut out the sloppiness then we should win. Feels like I say that most weeks though now.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I thnk Ramsey will start for a bit more mobility centrally

I certainly hope he starts. Watching the youngsters this evening has made me think about how hard it is to get from excelling at youth level to playing in the first team, and I feel that Ramsey still needs to have a game where he really shines, not just neat and tidy but helping control the game. They're on the beach and in a bit of a mess off the field, so a nice chance for him to show what he can do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Don’t get the “nothing riding on this game” talk Im desperate for a top half finish would love to finish above Leeds and Arsenal if possible , I’d like to think the team feel the same.

Almost zero chance of a top 10 finish.  We've hardly won a game this year, no chance we win 3 on the trot, and even then, a number of teams would have to fall apart for us to do it.

Leeds and Arsenal have much better, easier, games than us.

We will finish 11th or 12th.

I reckon Martinez and Mings will be ok. Cash would be less likely given it was a hamstring, so Elmo comes in.

Don’t think we’ll see Carney on the pitch either and I hope people bear in mind that he played a massive semi final less than 48 hours before this game before moaning about it in the post match thread.

*inb4 Kenneth

Its time to blood one or two youngsters maybe not to start with but a few of the FA Youth Cup finalists should be on the bench.  Be more difficult to blood them against Spurs and Chelsea 

• Like 1

I think it'll be pretty much the familiar side - I think Jack will get half an hour, maybe a little more.

---------------------------------Martintez--------------------------------

Elmohamady-----Konsa---------Mings--------------Targett

--------------------------------------Luiz------------------------------------

------------------------Barkley---------McGinn-----------------------

Traore----------------------------------------------------------El Ghazi

----------------------------------Watkins----------------------------------

subs; Steer, Hause, Taylor, Ramsey, Nakamba, Grealish, Philogene-Bidace, Davis, Wesley

• Like 1