Pre-match Thread

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I know we don’t really have many options but that team does have a bit of a championship feel about it. Got a bad feeling about this one. We may need Jack to help rescue a point. I have a feeling that VT is gonna be toxic later!

I dont see this at all. What makes that a Championship team?

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Is Zaha playing? Zaha vs Elmo is going to be an interesting battle if he is lol

yeah he's playing. Prepare for lots of petulance and falling over.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Seems it already is....

That side is more than good enough for the Premier League and I expect us to put in a good performance.

Fancy a 3-0 win today.

Hope you’re right. We will see. UTV

• Like 1

Hoping today to see what all the fuss is about with Ramsey, not necessarily by him having a great game just would like to see him get himself on the ball, be more confident and look to threaten the opposition more. 

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hause scares the bejesus out of me. 

Pleased for Ramsey. 

Have a feeling AEG will score. Bet the confidence boost from that call up will follow him the last few matches. 

He was great over the xmas period, we kept 3 clean sheets in the four he featured I think so perfect sort of squad player, not someone you want starting 20 times a season but fine to come in for a month as he did in December.

I think he'll play v Chelsea and Spurs as zero chance Mings will risk his hamstring going and put him out for the euros, why would he given we have little to play for now.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Is Zaha playing? Zaha vs Elmo is going to be an interesting battle if he is lol

Yes and Eze will drift over to the left aswell.....

Think that's partly why we've got Ramsey in today to give us a bit more mobility to get across the pitch. Hopefully he's still giving licence to get forward aswell. Big game for him today.

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I dont see this at all. What makes that a Championship team?

The number of championship level players. Elmo, Hause, AEG, Ramsey. On second half season form you could maybe add McGinn, Bert and Luiz to that list too. Then just look at the bench.

It’s not a criticism, just an observation. I hope I am wrong. We shall see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're weakened without Cash, Mings and Grealish from the start. We'll need Ramsey to have an influence and some end product in terms of chances created.

Could be a difficult one, but it's not beyond us.

It's 2 in 2 out these days. Watkins and Jack are back but Mings and Cash are out.

Seems we can't get a settled side which is obviously effecting performances, but at least we are seeing a few other players which will allow then to be properly assessed by the coaching staff ahead of the transfer window.

Hause came in against Burnley at home and they looked clueless cos they couldnt get anything off the long ball. Palace play it on the ground a bit more but Hause should nullify Bentekes aerial threat, dont think Benteke has much else about him these days

Just now, M_Afro said:

The number of championship level players. Elmo, Hause, AEG, Ramsey. On second half season form you could maybe add McGinn, Bert and Luiz to that list too. Then just look at the bench.

It’s not a criticism, just an observation. I hope I am wrong. We shall see.

Hause did very well when he played in December and El Ghazi's goal record alone makes him a very useful PL squad player. 

As for McGinn and Bert being Championship players, well that's just daft.

• Like 2