Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Blimey, I need to have a lie down during half time! That was exciting stuff. Villa on fire. No idea how we are 1-1 after that 45 minutes but I guess this is the “Villa way”. 

My only slight negative is Douglas Luiz. We need an upgrade in that position this summer.

Nah - Dougie just needs to return to form. 

Like a few have said, if we lose I'm still happy. When we play like this, we'll give anyone a game, not sure why it's so inconsistent.  Blows all the bull out the window, Covids killed us, the players are poor, 1 man team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apart from a 6 minute spell where he didn't track for their goal and handing them the ball 3 times in 4 minutes to attack, Berkley has played well.

Traore has used the overlap today far more than ever before so now doesn't look predictable.

We should be 3 - 1 up at half time.

El gghaziis really the only one not firing properly but sill managed to smack the crossbar.

Luiz will drift out the game now he's on a yellow that never was.

Maybe claret and blue tinted glasses but the ref is really giving us pretty much nothing. Traore helping in defence wins the ball and gets flattened and ref plays on ? But luiz gets a yellow for shoulder to shoulder by the by line ? 

Well done ollie on making your own goal, could and probably should have had another, add in Berkley post, el ghazi cross Barr and traore lob plus a couple mgginn blasts saved, we could have easily got 4 or 5 so far.

Can see mgginn having to take luiz place and Ramsey coming on after 65 mins so luiz doesn't get tricked into another yellow.

Should easy be 2 clear by now. Harsh to call it a konsa error for the goal but he was uncharacteristically flapping about. 

I'd probs take Luis off, not been great and on a yellow.

Really good half, more of the same please.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Like a few have said, if we lose I'm still happy. When we play like this, we'll give anyone a game, not sure why it's so inconsistent.  Blows all the bull out the window, Covids killed us, the players are poor, 1 man team.

I did want to say, but was saving it till after.

If we played anywhere near this most the time, and drew/lost, most of us would be happy.

Now obviously would prefer to win, even ugly but you get what I mean.

Just now, VillaAlex said:

We've been great and we will probably lose now I say this but it's clear why Everton are only a few points ahead of us. Their midfield is as bad as ours and their defence is a shambles.

And they've spent hundreds of millions and have one of the most successful managers of all time in charge.  It's why I hate it when people can't put things into perspective regarding where we are currently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Why can't we play with this energy in every game?

I just don't get it. This has been awesome

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Would be quite annoyed if I were an Everton supporter. Seems as though they just thought they needed to show-up to get 3 points.

Had a quick look on twitter to see what was being said about Ollie and pickford

Everton fans look a lot like us... But saying that their £25m midfielder from Barcelona isnt good enough... Or their £40m player from arsenal... Or their other £40m player... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What? 

Why would he change anything?! We've created so many chances we just haven't taken them, played well

Half time sub would be madness 

Because Luiz is on a booking and he has another booking in him. AEG isn’t clicking.

We have a squad, let’s use it, Smith is always too slow change it up.

Get Davis on for AEG in the forward line and Nakamba to let McGinn get more forward.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Much better. That’s the team of the first half of the season even without Jack. Just a shame about the scoreline. 

Because we're doing what I've been saying we've been lacking since coming back from Covid which is being less passive and going after the team. You can't just be sending Watkins to nail players down and take there balls from them, you have to send as many in there all at once to each player and intercept those balls bigtime 🤣.