Breakaway League

Jareth

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Actually quite certain that this will ultimately be stopped by parliament, there won't be a single MP who would be in favour. 

I don't see how they could stop it. They aren't going to pass a law to ban it. 

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

:crylaugh:What an honour for Fulham, the fans will be talking about this for decades to come. 

Great one from Fulham though!

Ollie Watkins has 7 goals against the mighty Super League teams this season 😂

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

Well I think they can - football clubs are part of the fabric of society and as has already been mooted they can enforce new ownership models on the nation's clubs, or tax the f*ck out of it if they wanted and with a populist in charge I expect them to want to do that, as others have said. 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

they'll certainly try...if for no other reason but there are a shitload of registered voters that are strongly against it that they'll bring on side. it's a fantastic opportunity for the government

Just another sad manifestation of money ruining football. I think its a result of the proportions getting out of hand, the risk of loss are getting to big. When the needed investments are as high as now (player salary or purchase price, stadium costs, agent fees ect ect.) there is really no room for failure, there is no room for loosing those big bucks caus ethen you cant pay your bills. But you also can not skip thos eheavy investments cause then you'll loose ground to those who spend. Solution? Secure your stream of income so risk of investment is minimized.  

Our whole society is becoming money obsessed, all other values and virtues are sacrificed on the altar of profits, because without it you become irelevant/die.

The monumental negative response to these news are encouraging, but let's see where we end up. For me its clear though, we should use this difficult time to push a new structure which has sustainability and perseverance of the WHOLE footballing pyramid as its core value.  

• Like 4

In a way I hope talk of this carries on until the summer, so that no players of note sign for the big clubs in case they get banned from playing in the World Cup.

Villa will give you a safe haven boys!

46 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think the Tories absolutely would bring in a 51% fan rule. Say what you like about the Tories but they've swung much more nationalist of late and this is great politics for them. Want to show off how you're willing to stick up for the common man and this country's heritage? Save the national sport from being hijacked by billionaires and ruined.

You can argue about whether that's actually a fair reflection of events, but I reckon they're licking their lips at the chance to ride to the rescue here.

I hate the Tories and I agree

• Like 1

This is feeling a bit like Valkryie where Tom Cruise in an eyepatch attempts a coup against Hitler - racing against time to convince the rest of the generals that he's actually in charge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Chelsea now resigned from ECA.

Zee clock, is tick-ing.. chop chop Premier League. 

Fifa has to double down and squash this or it’s finished.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Chelsea now resigned from ECA.

Zee clock, is tick-ing.. chop chop Premier League. 

According to Wikipedia that means the only English member clubs left are...

Aston Villa • Everton • Leicester City • Newcastle United

Proper clubs

• Like 3

Every part of me things that PL, UEFA, FIFA etc will all cave in and come to some sort of compromise to stop this whole thing.

But, I hope to god they stand firm and tell them all to piss off and block players from participating in Euros/World Cups etc.

• Like 2

Â