Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

FIFA will probably come in be part of this super league. This stinks of FIFA.

PL are simply extending their own slow death if they let them stay in.

They should expell them all this week. Make them commit to this idea. Go on, go and do it. Good luck.

Yes, it will hurt the PL badly, but the PL will become an uncompetitive second-class competition within months. No glory for winners. No money for participants to improve. The PL are giving themselves a chance if they boot them and rebuild. Make some new stars.

What decent player would come and join Villa/Everton/West Ham this summer if this is allowed to stand? Why not just wait for a Spurs or Inter to come offer you five times the wages?

Completely agree. Just get rid and move on. But make sure if they come crawling back they will start in divison 90.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

What can the government do? Enforce nationalisation of football clubs? Yes. Push through 51% fan share holders. Yes. Take away licenses when it comes to alcohol, training premises, tax credits, loans etc. There's many things Boris can do to make this very painful for these Americans and saudis.

Oh come on. Do you really expect de pfeffel to turn into a man of the people and save football?

He probably mates with the ceo of JP Morgan. 

Soccer!

Listening to how Sky are reporting this i actually have no doubt they are in on it too. Talk about making it sound like just another day ot the office in what appears to be an attempt to downplay it! 

No doubt involved in the financing of it all.

• Like 1

Just now, danceoftheshamen said:

Listening to how Sky are reporting this i actually have no doubt they are in on it too. Talk about making it sound like just another day ot the office in what appears to be an attempt to downplay it! 

No doubt involved in the financing of it all.

Sky have lost so much sport in recent times, they went all in for the Premier League and I think this new league has bypassed them. A lot want to show the games on there own platform

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The voting structure needs 14 clubs to agree to pass new rules and stuff so feasibly yes the clubs not invited with no prospect of ever getting in could just club together and vote out the splitters, it's a bit like the Rangers situation in 2012 when SPL basically voted to relegate them to the lowest pro Scottish league despite people thinking it wouldn't happen.

So, if the PL don't do the right thing, all of the clubs could in theory go together and kick them out?

Apparently the EU competition laws already place this thing as illegal. UK competition and monopoly laws do the same. It's likely to be dead in the water if our parliament takes it to court.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Because they won't be able to play in the world cup?

Zero chance of happening IMO.

It's one thing that could help it stopping, yes. Saying anyone contracted to those clubs can't play in WC.

Uefa need to get cracking and say anyone contracted to them cannot play in Euros, including this summer.

As I said, FIFA are or will become involved in this. They won't jeopordise their £2bn income from a world cup by stopping Messi and Ronaldo playing.

Uefa need to take drastic action or their Champions League TV money is about to go bye bye.

Just now, magnkarl said:

Apparently the EU competition laws already place this thing as illegal. UK competition and monopoly laws do the same. It's likely to be dead in the water if our parliament takes it to court.

Im no expert but Id find that hard to beleive.

Just now, Zatman said:

Sky have lost so much sport in recent times, they went all in for the Premier League and I think this new league has bypassed them. A lot want to show the games on there own platform

Serves them right. How many sports have they killed by restricting viewership for profit. Boxing is the main one, but also sports like Speedway.

I hate Sky.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's like the funny tweet from earlier in lockdown.  The neighbour tweeting "Can't believe it, think I'll call the police, neighbour is having a house party", followed 20 minutes later with "No it's all cool now, I've been invited".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely agree. Just get rid and move on. But make sure if they come crawling back they will start in divison 90.

Who knows what will happen in regards to this mess but no chance in hell will the clubs come "crawling back". The clubs will disassociate themselves with all FA and UEFA comps and form their own FA before that happens.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Isn't it a bit to late to complain about EU laws? :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

FIFA will probably come in be part of this super league. This stinks of FIFA.

PL are simply extending their own slow death if they let them stay in.

They should expell them all this week. Make them commit to this idea. Go on, go and do it. Good luck.

Yes, it will hurt the PL badly, but the PL will become an uncompetitive second-class competition within months. No glory for winners. No money for participants to improve. The PL are giving themselves a chance if they boot them and rebuild. Make some new stars.

What decent player would come and join Villa/Everton/West Ham this summer if this is allowed to stand? Why not just wait for a Spurs or Inter to come offer you five times the wages?

Looks like the usual FIFA/UEFA power plays. FIFA usually win.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You might.

But if you were being paid millions of pounds by a club to play football would you come out within hours of the announcement and speak out against it? I doubt it. Especially if you've been told not to which they probably have.

It's easy for us to say. 

Nope not for me. Villa would have sold out and i would be disgusted

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Sure they will move the clubs outside of Europe ;)  

Â