Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Zero chance of happening IMO.

It's one thing that could help it stopping, yes. Saying anyone contracted to those clubs can't play in WC.

Uefa need to get cracking and say anyone contracted to them cannot play in Euros, including this summer.

As I said, FIFA are or will become involved in this. They won't jeopordise their £2bn income from a world cup by stopping Messi and Ronaldo playing.

Uefa need to take drastic action or their Champions League TV money is about to go bye bye.

If you are a player whose contract is running out, and there is talk by fifa of ineligibility for world cups, or any other competitions, would you risk your career on ESL being a success, or would you sign for a year or two with a 'best of the rest' team until this blows over and see what happens? With no top talent the ESL is doomed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Sure they will move the clubs outside of Europe ;)  

And that's fine, then we'll get supporter ran clubs started instead. It's worked before and would garner huge support from fans.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I just don't see this getting off the ground. There's too much opposition, not least from fans of the clubs involved.

When the World Cup was given to Russia and Qatar, everyone stamped their feet and both had strong opposition. Yet here we having seen the Russia WC and having the Qatar one next year.

• Like 1

Just now, R.Bear said:

When the World Cup was given to Russia and Qatar, everyone stamped their feet and both had strong opposition. Yet here we having seen the Russia WC and having the Qatar one next year.

This is far bigger.

Just now, Zatman said:

World Cup is a lot bigger than this in fairness

No I mean the decision to form a breakaway European super league has much wider ramifications than two countries who blatantly shouldn't be hosting the World Cup bribing their way into it. This isn't just a one-off tournament that'll come and go.

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

No I mean the decision to form a breakaway European super league has much wider ramifications than two countries who blatantly shouldn't be hosting the World Cup bribing their way into it. This isn't just a one-off tournament that'll come and go.

Agreed, when it comes to football.

When it comes to corruption leading to loss of life, FIFA and the World Cup is as relevant. 

The Ingordigiousness 6 join the Super League. They are kicked out of UEFA and FA competitions, their players are banned from International tournaments. Players want to leave these clubs in order to represent their national teams. Transfer fees are no longer required for the trade of players between clubs who are not playing in licensed competitions. The Ingordigiousness 6 are pillaged of all their top talents during the summer. The Super League's star player is Josh Onomah. Aston Villa win the Premier League.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I just don't see this getting off the ground. There's too much opposition, not least from fans of the clubs involved.

Something broadly of this nature will get off the ground in due course. The clubs are assets to the owners, the owners want to maximise profits - the way to do that is getting the super clubs playing each other every week. The TV viewers in the far east will lap it up.

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Isn't it a bit different ? The money involved here leads to a totally different situation.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

No it isn't. That is a 1 in a 4 year event. This is yearly.

maybe but this doesnt have such a big impact as a World Cup. South Americans wont care, probably most of North America either

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No it isn't. That is a 1 in a 4 year event. This is yearly.

Olympics is 1 in 4. Diamond league is yearly. If you are an athlete which one are you focused on? If you're a spectator, which one do you want tickets for?

Edit, sorry didn't read previous posts. I missed the point!!

Edited by HKP90

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Agreed, when it comes to football.

When it comes to corruption leading to loss of life, FIFA and the World Cup is as relevant. 

Yes but what I'm saying is that the opposition to this from fans, especially fans of the clubs involved, will have much more of an impact than the opposition we all expressed when Russia and Qatar were awarded the World Cup.

• Like 1

Â