Breakaway League

Jareth

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The very fact that the English clubs have signed a letter of intent, put their names to a press release, that in and of itself, should have sanctions imposed on them by the PL.

Yep agreed. 

Liverpool from whom much of today's wrongs in the game originate - just feckin boot em out right now.

Without that abomination of a club we'd have terraces, less diving, and reasonable transfer fees ......just what are they bringing to the party ??? - close the feckers down !

• Like 2

Surely this is a breach of contract between the clubs and the Premier League? 

Expel them from the league, simple as. They want the Premier league revenue and this new ring fenced revenue too. They can't have both. 

To prevent this happening, the powers that be have to issue a proper response and expelling them is just that. 

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Dean Martin Drinking GIF

Whoah! Kicking them out AND suing them?? This is going to get interesting. Does the kicking out take effect immediately I wonder? Or will uefa make sure to get this season's revenue in?

13 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Wonder what NSWE are thinking right now

1 minute ago, hippo said:

That's the real worry.

is it though?, i can see many fans disowning the clubs involved in this......it could be their downfall long term.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Surely this is a breach of contract between the clubs and the Premier League? 

Expel them from the league, simple as. They want the Premier league revenue and this new ring fenced revenue too. They can't have both. 

To prevent this happening, the powers that be have to issue a proper response and expelling them is just that. 

Only 14 votes needed to take action as well.

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Whoah! Kicking them out AND suing them?? This is going to get interesting. Does the kicking out take effect immediately I wonder? Or will uefa make sure to get this season's revenue in?

Must act now. The clubs made the decision to announce it before the season was over. They need to face the consequences of that decision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

is it though?, i can see many fans disowning the clubs involved in this......it could be their downfall long term.

Agree I can see NSWE being delighted with this. It probably gets us qualification for europe this season. I am sure they are just sitting back and enjoying the show, they are well placed which ever way things break.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Thing is... depending on whatever arbitrary rules they invent for the 'other five' it may be possible for NSWE to somehow buy their way in, or they may be investigating something along those lines, who knows? None of us know what their thoughts are about this sort of thing, and being half American the idea of a super League could well be appealing to them.

I really hope not though.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So only kicking the clubs out of:

Champions League - they have no interest as they have their new league.

World Cup - doesn’t affect them

European Championship - doesn’t affect them.

The only thing that would hurt them is kicking them out if the National League, which won’t happen.

Â