Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

is it though?, i can see many fans disowning the clubs involved in this......it could be their downfall long term.

They won't.

If we'd won the PL 3 times on the bounce and just announced plans for a 90,000 super stadium - a good whack of villa fans would be for it.

I've been saying for years European football is massively over hyped. Even if villa were in it I wouldn't be paying extra to go and watch these games.

I do sometimes wonder if some of this is a re branding excercise to breathe life back into European football.

5 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

Only 14 votes needed to take action as well.

Yes but your newly promoted Norwich or other PL minnow - are you going to vote not to entertain, Man City, Man United, Chelsea next season ?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the people saying "just let them go" aren't really thinking of the knock on effects of this. It would seriously, seriously weaken domestic football. It's an utter joke.

I'm confused, do they actually want to go. It sounds like they are trying to replace the Champions League and remain in their domestic competition. Just round 2 of Project Big Picture. What a bunch of whiney babies. 

I almost do want them to actually go because this is never going to end. How much longer are we going to let them negotiate in bad faith like this. 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Kick them out of the PL now. They’ve created a biased system that gives them an even bigger financial advantage over the other clubs in the PL.

The PL will basically be a race for 7th each year.

**** them all off.

That has to be the very real threat by the Premier League and FA in response to this. 

Sure, go and join your friends but you won't be welcome here anymore. 

• Like 2

the fact these clubs are so proud of this and are blowing hot air up their own ar*es, shows just how completely out of touch with reality they are.

I knew they were out of touch, but i am almost surprised just how out of touch they actually are!, its almost comical.

• Like 4

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

I'm confused, do they actually want to go. It sounds like they are trying to replace the Champions League and remain in their domestic competition. Juetst round 2 of Project Big Picture. What a bunch of whiney babies. 

I almost do want them to actually go because this is never going to end. How much longer are we going to let them negotiate in bad faith like this. 

Suspend them from all competions immediately. That would really call there bluff.allow them back with a points deduction - probably make for the most exciting PL season ever.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

the fact these clubs are so proud of this and are blowing hot air up their own ar*es, shows just how completely out of touch with reality they are.

I knew they were out of touch, but i am almost surprised just how out of touch they actually are!, its almost comical.

They aren't. It's marketing - they are probably expecting a backlash - but are now spinning it.

Â