Breakaway League

Jareth

Simon Jordan has been brilliant on TalkSport this morning.

"They didnt even have a fight. At least be a man who put your fists up! They didnt even get off the stool. Someone farted in their direction and they gave up!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Haha 3

Neville's response was massive.

I don't think there's another single pundit who would have gone that hard that quickly. He wasn't even commentating properly because you could tell he was on his phone. They had to get him in vision over the studio chat he was so angry.

He got it absolutely right and everyone followed his lead.

• Like 4

Take 20% off each of their salary caps. This will stop them paying their way to success, getting themselves into such financial dire straits that they have to form a cartel, and will recycle great players into other teams thus levelling the playing field.

Boom. Sorted

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I have to say that the famous ex-players have come out of this with a lot of credit. Gary Neville, Shearer, Carragher etc. All of them set their stall out without hesitation.

its easy when you've already retired though.  I wonder how they would feel if they were still playing and had been promised double their wages or something. Did any refuse wages when playing because they were worried about ticket prices

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Neville's response was massive.

I don't think there's another single pundit who would have gone that hard that quickly. He wasn't even commentating properly because you could tell he was on his phone. They had to get him in vision over the studio chat he was so angry.

He got it absolutely right and everyone followed his lead.

He deserves a lot of credit for playing his part in them pulling out.

14 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I have to say that the famous ex-players have come out of this with a lot of credit. Gary Neville, Shearer, Carragher etc. All of them set their stall out without hesitation.

Rio can get ****.

It's strange that he didn't suggest a whip round for the fans to buy their clubs this time isn't it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

As I understand it the 50+1 rule just won't work. There's no way fans could raise 51% of the value of a club

Nah, finances aren't the block. If the government were *really* committed to the idea, they could provide 0% interest loans with a 100-year repayment period to an official supporter group, for instance. There's always a way around money if the political will is there.

everything is spin with these scum. note how some of them are wording it that they are withdrawing from the group discussing the proposal to form a super league. They'd already signed up for the damn thing, withdrawn from that european football board and would be laughing their way to the bank right now if they been allowed to get away with it.

own it you cowards and say it like it is

It's impossible to ignore that the premier league needs these teams if it is to remain as successful - I can see why other members of the league are not going full throttle given the clearing in the woods 6 climbed down. Long term is a different story - you'd hope the prospect of huge financial damage will kick the other owners into action, and soon. Retribution begins with the government inquiry IMHO. 

• Like 1

Thing is they could’ve got away with it if they made it a competition where teams played in a league format with say 2/3 teams from the top leagues in Europe every season, so no spot was guaranteed, then the champions league for the rest of clubs say 4-6, then 7th spot gets europa league.  

• Like 1

What a f*** joke.

All these 6 clubs signed a deal with the devil and are getting away with it.

Just goes to show Fifa, Uefa and Premier League are all slaves to them.

FFS punish these clubs. Kick them out of Europa League and Champions League. Give them transfer bans. Heavy point reductions.

It's all about the principle. By not punishing them the first time they will know they can get away with it again in the future.

Edited by villalad21

An executive at another Premier League club has told Sky Sports News that any sanction imposed on the 'Big Six', such as points deductions or fines would hurt the wrong people - the players, managers, and, crucially, the fans of those clubs.

The Super League would have hurt way more people. These 6 teams were more than happy to throw everyone else under the bus so the punishment should be there, and it should be deliberately harsh. 

Now I am fully expecting the punishment to not be as harsh as it needs to be, I'm resigned to that, but no punishment at all would be an insult.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

It's impossible to ignore that the premier league needs these teams if it is to remain as successful - I can see why other members of the league are not going full throttle given the clearing in the woods 6 climbed down. Long term is a different story - you'd hope the prospect of huge financial damage will kick the other owners into action, and soon. Retribution begins with the government inquiry IMHO. 

I don’t feel any “fine” no matter how huge is going to affect these teams, they will just be like yeah okay whatever. 

Demotion to league 2 and a large points deduction will be the best message to send out to every club in the country that this will not be tolerated, no club is bigger then the premier league and if you try to circumvent it’s rules you get severely punished and HAVE to earn your way back to the top table. 

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

The Super League would have hurt way more people. These 6 teams were more than happy to throw everyone else under the bus so the punishment should be there, and it should be deliberately harsh. 

Now I am fully expecting the punishment to not be as harsh as it needs to be, I'm resigned to that, but no punishment at all would be an insult.

It's a joke.

It wasn't most Germans fault for Hitler's actions.

Doesn't mean Germany shouldn't pay for their war crimes.

Â