Breakaway League

Jareth

11 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

There are different kinds of shares, and not every type needs to be entitled to dividends / profits. New shares with only voting rights could be created by the club for free and distributed to fans for free, although a club would probably not do that voluntarily.

That is an absolutely brilliant point. 

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Punishment for what though? They didn't try and leave the PL

UEFA is different but the SL plans had the PL being business as normal, that's part of why it collapsed, the PL said not a **** chance 

How about **** over every single club in the English football pyramid? Removing the possibility of financial prosperity, being competitive and generally enabling the clubs to continue their existance under non cartel ruling?

I'm sure you can find a few things to pin it on.

3 minutes ago, jim said:

I'd bet my left ball those involved won't get any sanctions or punishment. A line will be drawn in the sand and everyone will move on.

Genuine question, would we be calling for punishments if Villa were involved?

I wouldn’t be calling for it. But I’d be expecting it.

Like when we were faced with administration a couple of years ago. I didn’t want it to happen, but I was bracing myself for the worst.

If these clubs receive zero sanctions (even something kinda opaque as losing “a seat at the table” when it comes to these meetings) I would expect, from now on, no club to be punished for any transgression.

Because we can’t punish the supporters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51% fan ownership will never be possible - for it to work at just Man Utd, you'd need 50p from every single adult human being on the planet. It's simply infeasible.

At Villa, if you took every season ticket holder and every member and then almost doubled it to get 100,000 fans wanting to buy, they'd need to pay £200 each. It's never ever going to be possible.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

How about **** over every single club in the English football pyramid? Removing the possibility of financial prosperity, being competitive and generally enabling the clubs to continue their existance under non cartel ruling?

I'm sure you can find a few things to pin it on.

And in addition the biggest point is they signed on the dotted line. Secretly. 

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

51% fan ownership will never be possible - for it to work at just Man Utd, you'd need 50p from every single adult human being on the planet. It's simply infeasible.

At Villa, if you took every season ticket holder and every member and then almost doubled it to get 100,000 fans wanting to buy, they'd need to pay £200 each. It's never ever going to be possible.

Which is why do many people keep highlighting that it doesn't require ownership to have fan oversight. Then someone repeats that fans couldn't afford to buy Man United :D

Fan ownership is probably unrealistic. Fan oversight and voting rights without financing ownership of the club is not.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ban from European competition for x years and point deduction/transfer ban would be reasonable.

This. I don't mind if the point deduction is suspended to be honest. That should be the deterrent for those clubs, or any others, to not even try to do anything like this again. If it happens again, with any club, then points WILL be deducted no questions asked

The 14 are in a faustian pact with the 6 splitters. They are all business people at heart, not football fans. I don't know why anyone is surprised that they are not going to punish them now they have bottled it and have not left. Its the same in Scotland- 40 teams hate the old firm but they would fight tooth and nail in them leaving to England or the next half baked european league.

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Uefa's approach has been feisty, yet spineless.

Excellent.

I swear UEFA's only objection was they got no money out of it.  They'll just want the teams straight back in, especially to finish this season's Champions League.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I swear UEFA's only objection was they got no money out of it.  They'll just want the teams straight back in, especially to finish this season's Champions League.

Exactly. "Great scheme fellas, just give us our cut next time".

Just on punishments, here's one that I'm looking forward to, and it's delivered by the only authority these dickheads actually bow down to - capital.

Barcelona were f***ed without this league - they can't afford to pay their debts, they can't afford to pay their players, they're now f***ed again. I hope they go bust. Drown in it Laporta.

The same is true to an extent at AC Milan, Real Madrid and Manchester United - they're all hugely in debt and in need of infrastructure improvements that they can't afford. Without this league they're already in trouble. I look forward to watching Old Trafford crumble over the next few years while United desperately search for an official Teacup partner to help finance at least keeping the roof intact. F*** em.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Well yes of course. UEFA are not in it for the good of the game are they?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It doesn't need to be that complicated to be honest.

The Premier League Rules explicitly bans clubs from joining other competitions without permission from the Premier League.

The 6 clubs have unequivocally broken the PL's rules. They don't need to come up with a reason to punish them. It's in black and white

Except they didn’t. They ‘expressed an interest’ in setting up a new league at some undefined point in the future. I don’t think it is unequivocal and I would expect their lawyers to fight any material punishment. 

Â