Breakaway League

Jareth

9 minutes ago, sne said:

"I'm really sorry (I got caught)"

What about an apology to the rest of the Premier League clubs and football in general....Shocked that he is so out out touch with the fans and not realising what would happen......

• Like 2

IF they bottle punishments now for the nonsense reasons that it's not the fans' fault or whatever (and I don't think they should), then they have to impose heavy suspended sentences. And ensure they apply to all clubs and not just those 6.

So exclusion and/or heavy points deduction, suspended. So essentially they're saying if you or anyone else does this again, these are the punishments that will be handed out, no questions asked.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

The only people who can buy Liverscum or Scumchester United is the Saudi family. Then they'll be even more powerful. 

Although I think their takeover of Newcastle is close.

Thats collapsed.

If anything there is no chance the saudis will be allowed in after this. Thats the same with all these dodgey owners trying to kill the gane

18 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

'project was never going to stand without the support of the fans '

so why no consultation with the fans before announcing it all.  all a load of bollox they were arrogant enough to think they could ride roughshod over the fans. 

• Like 2

I have missed about 40 pages, and I suppose it has already been said.

But this is not the end of it. This is a truce until the next time. 

I have said repeatedly throughout this that the power lies in domestic football. This Super League couldn't have happened if they were kicked out of domestic football, because their dominance their domestic leagues is what gives them credibilty and earns them the right to call themselves Champions. Without that they are just clubs playing in another league and the market will decide if they will follow a plastic Super League or a genuine competition with history and traditions. 

This was a horrible attempt of a coup. But fortunatly it was executed so poorly that it will probably be a text book example of how not to do things.

They didn't announce it, it was leaked and UEFA was the one informing the world. Which gave them the home ground advantage. They set the rules for the discussion.

PR wise it was horrible. After the initial announcement, they just said nothing. They let Perez try to explain it, and that was it. They didn't defend it, they didn't say anything. They just sat there and watched as the media and fans movement opposing this just grew and grew. Which tells you that mainstream media still has a thing or two to say. 

But they can come back. Not right now, but in some time. Get more positive media coverage, improve their PR a little. And it might not be the same opposition the next time around.

And beware the rule of reciprocity. We don't owe them anything for being greedy bastards that only called the retreat because they didn't have any other choice. 

The only thing that can prevent this form happening again is that being kicked out of domestic football is a genuine treath. Because they will come back. Not in the same shape or form, but they will be back.

• Like 3

Though I fully expect these 6 clubs to get away with a slap on the wrist, I am in favour of relegation. This will reshift powers a lot more than keeping them in the PL, which is paying a lot more than the CL.

Image those 6 in the championship. That league will get a lot more attention from abroad because the Asian viewers 'just want to see Manchester United'. At the same time, many of their players will want to go to other clubs, they will not want to waste 2 years of their careers not playing in european competitions. While Bayern and PSG will have the first pick, some of these players will go to Everton, West Ham or Villa. Our clubs do not pay these kinds of wages (yet), but their current clubs will have to get rid anyway, so I think/hope some of these players will accept a pay cut just to play for prizes. So the 6 greedy clubs will take some of the wealth they have to a lower league and make that more interesting. The money and glory of the PL, FA Cup, League Cup, CL and EL will now be redistributed among other clubs, which in turn will make them more attractive to North American and Asian viewers.

The 6 clubs will get back to the PL in 1-2 years time (only 3 can come up per year, so Spurs and Arsenal will spend a bit more time there) and they will reclaim their positions, no doubt. But they will need to rebuild their squads (buying from other clubs = spending money). While at the same time, those other clubs have gotten stronger. So it will be not for 5 years until the current situation could be restored, leaving other clubs in a better position. Everton is knocking on the door as it is, give them CL for 3 years and there is no way Spurs or Arsenal are overtaking them. Us, Leeds and West Ham might similarly get ourselves in a strong position. A newly promoted Man City is not buying the best players of Everton & Villa, they will be playing for a European team.

Enforce the 50+1 rule onto all clubs in the football pyramid

We need to look at the teams which were invited and didn't join. The common factor is a strong voice from the fans on the actual board itself making decisions

The owners knew exactly what they were doing, and have intentionally kept fans in the dark

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats collapsed.

If anything there is no chance the saudis will be allowed in after this. Thats the same with all these dodgey owners trying to kill the gane

They're fighting for it in the courts

Newcastle United has issued the following club statement on Thursday 19 November 2020:

“The Club has previously not commented on the arbitration it is pursuing against the Premier League (‘Premier League’) with respect to its conduct relating to the proposed takeover because of the confidentiality clause in the Premier League's rules.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/club-statement-19112020/

The only way this could be fairly dealt with is for government level restructuring of ownership - the only thing to make these vultures decide that it's not worth staying in the sport - they leave football, or they take football away from everyone else - anything inbetween is a delicate ceasefire. All pressure on Tracey Crouch (supposedly happily accepted by both sides of the house) and the football review - this might be the one thing that Boris does which goes somewhere, given a vast majority of the public agree with it and there's no risk to the government - there's not even the risk someone pulls out an old Boris quote to the opposite - new territory for him. 

2 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

We need to look at the teams which were invited and didn't join. The common factor is a strong voice from the fans on the actual board itself making decisions

The owners knew exactly what they were doing, and have intentionally kept fans in the dark

As I understand it the 50+1 rule just won't work. There's no way fans could raise 51% of the value of a club

• Like 2

The snivelling ‘apologies’ have already started but it’s not good enough. These people need to feel the weight of their actions and face the sanctions. 

I suspect it will get brushed under the carpet now, but we (football as a whole) cannot let this be forgotten. It will happen again if it is. 

2 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

The problem with the 50+1 rule of fan ownership for Man U , Liverpool and, to some degree Arsenal,  is that their wealthiest and most populous fan base are the type of fans in Asia, Middle East and Africa that would want an ESL.

Barcelona are members owned and look at the state of them. Real just had their presidential election that Perez won by forfeit and look at them.

Don't think it's possible to go from the current ownership model of clubs in the PL to a 51% fan owned model. Who would pay the hundreds of millions and why would a owner like ours for example put in tons of money if they did not have final say of how that money was used.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As I understand it the 50+1 rule just won't work. There's no way fans could raise 51% of the value of a club

The other question is who gets the option to purchase ? Season ticket holderS, members , staff at the club?

Â